Review Feather 'Butterfly' DE razor

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
I saw this whilst browsing Blades & Whiskers' site. It was modestly priced and intrigued me, so, as I didn't have a butterfly razor, I pulled the trigger.

Opening the sturdy box it comes with, when I picked it out I thought it was a bit light and, er, flimsy seeming. As you can see from the images, it's mostly plastic with metal 'wings' and fittings. However, that not withstanding, I thought I would try it out as I had bought the flipping thing.

I loaded it with the Feather Hi Stainless blade that came with it and twisted it shut. Despite my misgivings, it gripped the blade well. After lathering generously with Palmolive Cream using a Hawkins & Brimble synthetic, I set to work.

What weight there is, unsurprisingly, rests in the head. Usually I prefer a heavier razor but this one certainly saved me an aching arm. First pass took most of my two days of growth and a second, with a couple of touch ups in my 'problem' areas, did for the rest. I was particularly pleased with the way it coped with the schnozz area; some of my other razors take a lot of work there. Overall, a damn good shave.

Overall impressions? For the money it's quite acceptable and with the box, would make a handy travel standby. Not really a daily driver but a fun alternative in the rotation now and again.

Build quality- 3/5
Usefulness- 4/5 (Taking into account its limitations.)
VFM - 4/5

steve

IMG_4132.JPG
IMG_4133.JPG
IMG_4134.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG

chazt

Forum !
Thanks for the review, Steve. You don’t see much conversation about the Feather TTO. Based on your report it seems like this razor has more pluses than minuses. I appreciate your comments about the weight of the razor, as I tend to prefer lighter than heavier. Enjoy your shaves :)