Favourite Summer/Warm Weather Soaps

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Not planning on buying anything for a while but I’m thinking about summer scents going forward. What are some of your summer soaps, ones that just seem to suit warmer weather?

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Not planning on buying anything for a while but I’m thinking about summer scents going forward. What are some of your summer soaps, ones that just seem to suit warmer weather?
APR’s Fresca Intensa (Storybook Soapwork’s base) is my favourite colonia-style citrusy soap and Noble Otter’s Orbit my favourite clean, cooling one. But in those dog days of summer, I tend to shave in the evening when the temperature’s cooled and I’m happy to use anything from fresh and mentholated to balsamic orientals.

Hi Chris, hard to pick just one for me..there are a lot out there. But personally, it has to be something either citrus or mentholated, or both.
A few recommendations would be:

Artisan:
Wickham 1912 Apricus (basically a citrus aromatic, smells a lot like AdP Colonia)
Wickham 1912 Cashmere (smells like a fresh laundry type scent clean and good for spring or summer)
Wickham 1912 Club Cola ( It's smells effervescent like a fizzy lemonade or cola..amazing scent)
P&B Denali (Peppermint, camphor, menthol)
CRSW Limenthol (Lime, ginger, menthol)
Stirling Lemon Chill (Lemon and Menthol)
Stirling MITA
B&M Reserve cool (basically Floid blue scent a classy barbershop, citrus, powder and clean scent)
OSP Grapefruit and menthol
Fitjar Folgefonn ( Spruce, eucalyptus, menthol.. really good!)

Non Artisan:

Proraso Green ( Cheap, classic soap with Eucalyptus and Menthol . Seems passé nowadays, for some reason)
Kent Luxury (OK it's a cream but smells great and lot's of menthol)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge (Lovely herbal Lavender and a favourite)
D R Harris Arlington (Citrus and Fern but smells like an old style European cologne..think 4711)
Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes (with the splash an amazing, fresh, invigorating experience and very natural lime scent)

Hope this helps there's loads more..

Last edited:

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
Still got some OSP menthol and eucalyptus for the hot days. It is just wonderful!
I have about half a tub of OSP Grapefruit and Menthol, which I only use in the warmer weather; hence my still having some left. I don't think any well-mentholated soap (or splash, like Floid Vigoroso) can be beaten for freshness when the heat is on.

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Barrister & Mann Arctique......REALLY FRESH and tingly.

Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic

SV's Tundra Arctic.....

follow the theme.... :wink:

D

Deleted member 476

I currently have my DR Harris Arlington and Haslinger Sage as my summer soaps, but only keep to a 3-4 active non-artisan soaps at a time. I wouldn't mind adding a top-note lavender based, non-artisan soap to the summer circuit, but no idea which would be worthy. Any suggestions?

Dr Watson

James
For the past few summers it's been SV 70th soap & Trumper limes cream but I'll do something different this time... D.R Harris almond soap (quinine scented) and TOBS grapefruit cream perhaps.

Rasorium

Legendary Member
For me it’s A&E Asian Pear, I always get a whiff of suntan lotion from it :)
Also P&B Albion. I think the Stirling Boat Drinks that you ordered sounds like an ideal Summer scent though, if I could find the splash in stock somewhere I’d have ordered it along with the soap by now :)

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
I haven't tried the soap yet, the weather hasn't warmed that much, but I splashed the aftershave when I received them both as samples.

I have to say, Chiseled Face's Summer Storm is quite the scent for the season.