Favourite chilli sauce

wazza

a dog got personality
Picked this up at tk maxx for £2.50. Pretty nice.
IMG_1388.jpg

A good kick to this one. And sweet too.
IMG_1390.jpg

I'd deffo rebuy these at some point. The green habanero sauce is amazing, great on fish salads and everything ha.
The acid rain is a strong one but tastes lovely.
IMG_1389.jpg

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Probably not much more in a sauce no. It's going to be potent stuff. A while back a colleague and I were filmed trying some of our favourite sauces, one of which was 1.2 million units (Infinity Sauce), the other the same sauce with a healthy dose of 6.4 million unit extract. Surprisingly not that hot judging by our non-functioning pain receptors :D Perhaps we're just bonafide nutters. This was a few years back mine, pre-weight loss :D

For pure extract too, 6.4 million unit:

I am indeed a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I agree:

1. Tabasco ... classic. If I had already posted, which I don't think I have ... I'm revising what I said. 1. Tabasco
2. Maggi ... ooh, no, not Encona. Maggi.
3. Encona, naturally.

... one of my mates loves to tell the story of some food festival we were at and we found a Chilli stall. Well, they're all lined up from little more than BBQ right through to their 6M Scoville. I grab cracker, knife, spread some of "that end of the range" on my cracker, eat and ... well, mull it over. The vendor tells my mate I should have dipped a cocktail stick. But no, I went for a cracker with "some" spread on. The vendor took great delight in telling me it would build over the next half hour ... or more.

Well, it did. My tongue went numb, I lost hearing in one ear. I had to sit down and got literally piss wet through with sweat. When I could talk, I asked for beer ... which my mate brought me one after another after another.

Oddly, at 6M Scoville, it wasn't the pain that was my issue - it was my bodily reaction: the sweating. Yes, it hurt and it burned like the fires of hell! But I just could not stop sweating. I went back and bought a bottle. It was 'Dragon's Blood' (from memory). No idea on the vendor. I really enjoyed it thereafter, dipping literally a cocktail stick into it and then swirling that in a four person Chilli Con Carne. That was hot!

Spread of a cracker! What a div!

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I agree:

1. Tabasco ... classic. If I had already posted, which I don't think I have ... I'm revising what I said. 1. Tabasco
2. Maggi ... ooh, no, not Encona. Maggi.
3. Encona, naturally.

... one of my mates loves to tell the story of some food festival we were at and we found a Chilli stall. Well, they're all lined up from little more than BBQ right through to their 6M Scoville. I grab cracker, knife, spread some of "that end of the range" on my cracker, eat and ... well, mull it over. The vendor tells my mate I should have dipped a cocktail stick. But no, I went for a cracker with "some" spread on. The vendor took great delight in telling me it would build over the next half hour ... or more.

Well, it did. My tongue went numb, I lost hearing in one ear. I had to sit down and got literally piss wet through with sweat. When I could talk, I asked for beer ... which my mate brought me one after another after another.

Oddly, at 6M Scoville, it wasn't the pain that was my issue - it was my bodily reaction: the sweating. Yes, it hurt and it burned like the fires of hell! But I just could not stop sweating. I went back and bought a bottle. It was 'Dragon's Blood' (from memory). No idea on the vendor. I really enjoyed it thereafter, dipping literally a cocktail stick into it and then swirling that in a four person Chilli Con Carne. That was hot!

Spread of a cracker! What a div!
Sounds like I need to try and find some of this stuff!

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Pretty sure it's this one @Nick_S ... labels have changed, but that was a decade or more ago. It's the right strength at 6.4 and ingredients read right.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ahh, that's an extract. Tempted to try some to see just how much heat it adds before it tastes vile :D
It's mine numbingly hot. I added a teaspoon of Mad Dog chilli extract (1 million scovilles) to a pot of biriyani (enough to feed 10) and it made the entire pot extremely hot. Lovely flavour too.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I've just recently tried Franks and I love it! It's not the hottest but it actually tastes like peppers and not vinegar.
I try and stay away from Frank's being a heavy butter milk based sauce but it tastes awesome.