Favourite aftershave(s)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
What is your favourite post shave aftershave? This is purely for aftershaves not colognes, EDT, EDP etc.

So far mine are:
Pitralon (Swiss)
Speick
Pinaud Modern Reserve

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Speick for me so far.
Although Pitralon Original (Austrian?) and Lucido come pretty close.
Myrsol K, I am a little disappointed with, it just feels like a straight up Alcohol splash, when I was expecting something more...

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Tabac Original - the obvious choice when using Tabac soap - I buy it in 300ml bottles.
Tüff Sensitiv - very mild herby scent - doesn't clash with any smellies used afterwards. Cheaper than chips.
Alcolado Glacial - in summer, although it's not strictly an ASL.
4711 Portugal - Fresh. Hard to find. I have some bottles waiting for me in Germany.
Speick was good, but I'm out and I have too may ASLs to consider buying more (except for the Portugal)

morr

Forum GOD!
Pitralon Classic (love them all though)
Floid MV
Tabac
Chatillon Lux Toner
Clubman
Bello Bay rum

I know balms are not considered, I just feel I should mention that the Dapper Dragon scale polish is my number post-shave product ever.

Dr Watson

James
Uncertain if I can get away with saying Saponificio Varesino, easily the most healing/nourishing aftershave I've used but it is quite a thick lotion... I can splash it on but it's stretching the definition a little. I like Speick, Pitralon & B&M Reserve etc but if we are talking purely about performance rather than scents I find them no better than good old Thayers witch hazel with aloe which is for me just as good, doesn't have a strong scent to interfere with your Cologne and is nicely inexpensive (£12/350ml.)

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Pitralon Classic (Green) is my favourite. The scent is to die for and face feel excellent. Sadly the scent doesn’t last very long.

Tüff Red is probably better for face feel than Pitralon. I do like the scent too but sadly the scent doesn’t last long on me either.

Chatillon Lux TSM Fourge̒re aftershave. Again the scent is stunning and surprising does hang around for a few hours. Face feel is excellent but I think their Toners are better in this regard.

Fine aftershave. I would say their aftershaves give the best face feel of any aftershave I’ve tried.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Pitralon Classic (Green) is my favourite. The scent is to die for and face feel excellent. Sadly the scent doesn’t last very long.

Tüff Red is probably better for face feel than Pitralon. I do like the scent too but sadly the scent doesn’t last long on me either.

Chatillon Lux TSM Fourge̒re aftershave. Again the scent is stunning and surprising does hang around for a few hours. Face feel is excellent but I think their Toners are better in this regard.

Fine aftershave. I would say their aftershaves give the best face feel of any aftershave I’ve tried.
Just wondering about the Fine aftershave, Does it's fragrance dissipate quickly and have you tried their edt range?

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Just wondering about the Fine aftershave, Does it's fragrance dissipate quickly and have you tried their edt range?
The scent does last on the aftershaves (I haven’t tried the aftershaves in the new square bottles though. I’ve read reports they don’t last as long). The American Blend is the longest lasting. Platinum does last for a couple of hours and does last longer if you get it on your clothes.

I did have the Platinum EDT but it didn’t last on my skin. I bought a bottle for my Dad at the same time and it does last longer on him.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I quite like Proraso Red and find it quite moisturising for an aftershave splash.

I've got a couple of Myrsol splashes and as has been said above don't find them much more than alcohol and menthol.

I also quite liked Floid black.
I forgot about Floid, inquire like the black too, original and vigaroso were OK (scent wise) to my nose.