Favorite shave stick?

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
I recently tried my first shave stick (Valobra) and fell in love with them, which is surprising since I have been a cream only guy before that. I’ve bought a few others since then but have yet to try them.

What is your favorite shave stick if you use them?.

JayGee

Forum GOD!
Love a shave stick too;
La Toja is a good one, very inexpensive if you visit Spain.
Tabac stick is glorious & so is Spieck.

Returned from the Nederland's for work yesterday & picked up a funky art deco container stick from De Verguld Hand, smells lovely! I'm using P160 in the Feb 1-soap/month challenge, looking forward to trying it in a couple of weeks.

What others have you got?
I'll be going to Germany in May & want to try a Wilkinson sword blue-stick, they are supposed to be stellar.

Dr Watson

The Other James
For performance Speick is my #1 stick. Tabac would be #2 offering better packaging, form factor and value but the scent is quite divisive and performance just a smidge behind Speick for me. Honorary mention for D.R. Harris, quite good performance but relatively expensive compared to the German sticks and awful packaging with the twist mechanism often broken on arrival and the label isn't waterproof :rolleyes:

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Love a shave stick too;
La Toja is a good one, very inexpensive if you visit Spain.
Tabac stick is glorious & so is Spieck.

Returned from the Nederland's for work yesterday & picked up a funky art deco container stick from De Verguld Hand, smells lovely! I'm using P160 in the Feb 1-soap/month challenge, looking forward to trying it in a couple of weeks.

What others have you got?
I'll be going to Germany in May & want to try a Wilkinson sword blue-stick, they are supposed to be stellar.
I have a Tabac stick and a blue Wilkie stick on the way!. Also have a Speick and La Toja on hand.

I saw that De Verguld stick on a website, looks interesting. Pls let me know how it is when you do use it.

R181

Grumpy old man
For me it is hard to pick a favourite shave stick as the 8 or so that I have tried have all been more than adequate in performance. If pushed, I have to say Arko and Palmolive on price to performance and Tabac if I want to pay more.

Bob

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
La Toja, Lea are very good, but Speick trumps them for me. I have yet to try Valobra or Dr Harris, the latter I doubt I will as it is a little too expensive I reckon...
Don't rule out Arko and Palmolive either, both are wonderful for the money...

Grishnak

Guru
La Toja, Lea are very good, but Speick trumps them for me. I have yet to try Valobra or Dr Harris, the latter I doubt I will as it is a little too expensive I reckon...
Don't rule out Arko and Palmolive either, both are wonderful for the money...
Are they still making the Palmolive stick?
It has vanished from Tesco. Or is it just the UK?