Favorite shave stick?

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Fozzie Bear, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Forum Clod!

I recently tried my first shave stick (Valobra) and fell in love with them, which is surprising since I have been a cream only guy before that. I’ve bought a few others since then but have yet to try them.

What is your favorite shave stick if you use them?.

2. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Also Valobra - it's been my travel shave stick for the last 4 years or so. Small and brilliant.

Rowlers and Fozzie Bear like this.
  3. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

While the Speicks, the Valobras or what else are fine, in my subjective opinion nothing beats the larger surface area of the Tabac/Sir Irisch Moos stick cross-section for fast and effective application.

Mitchcumsteen, Martini and chris.hale like this.
  4. JayGee

JayGee Forum GOD!

Love a shave stick too;
    La Toja is a good one, very inexpensive if you visit Spain.
    Tabac stick is glorious & so is Spieck.

Returned from the Nederland's for work yesterday & picked up a funky art deco container stick from De Verguld Hand, smells lovely! I'm using P160 in the Feb 1-soap/month challenge, looking forward to trying it in a couple of weeks.

What others have you got?
    I'll be going to Germany in May & want to try a Wilkinson sword blue-stick, they are supposed to be stellar.

Yehuda D and Fozzie Bear like this.
  5. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

For performance Speick is my #1 stick. Tabac would be #2 offering better packaging, form factor and value but the scent is quite divisive and performance just a smidge behind Speick for me. Honorary mention for D.R. Harris, quite good performance but relatively expensive compared to the German sticks and awful packaging with the twist mechanism often broken on arrival and the label isn't waterproof :rolleyes:

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Forum Clod!

I have a Tabac stick and a blue Wilkie stick on the way!. Also have a Speick and La Toja on hand.

I saw that De Verguld stick on a website, looks interesting. Pls let me know how it is when you do use it.

Yehuda D and JayGee like this.
  7. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

For me it is hard to pick a favourite shave stick as the 8 or so that I have tried have all been more than adequate in performance. If pushed, I have to say Arko and Palmolive on price to performance and Tabac if I want to pay more.

Bob

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

La Toja, Lea are very good, but Speick trumps them for me. I have yet to try Valobra or Dr Harris, the latter I doubt I will as it is a little too expensive I reckon...
    Don't rule out Arko and Palmolive either, both are wonderful for the money...

Yehuda D and Fozzie Bear like this.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Forum Clod!

Yes will try the Palmolive, lot of people seem to like them.

10. TobyC

TobyC Ghost of the Past

The only stick I've used is Arko, and I didn't use it as a stick, I mashed it down in my shave bowl and used it with a brush. But I liked it.

Mitchcumsteen and Yehuda D like this.
  11. Acer89

Acer89 James

Valobra stick is my personal favourite followed by La Toja

Yehuda D likes this.
  12. Grishnak

Grishnak Über Member

Are they still making the Palmolive stick?
    It has vanished from Tesco. Or is it just the UK?

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Forum Clod!

Still making it I think. Gone from Tesco alright but Superdrug and Asda in the Uk still stock it.

Yehuda D, Rowlers and Grishnak like this.
  14. Grishnak

Grishnak Über Member

Thank you Fozzie

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. TobyC

TobyC Ghost of the Past

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice