Completed Fatboy to pass around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francorelli

Forum fella
It's been interesting and enjoyable so far. The elegant functionality of the Fatboy has always been appealing to me, but I never got around to owning one. In fact I've barely used a DE over the past three years since Injectors became my main razor. I still find my L and N-type Injectors to be the most intuitive and nimble razors, but aesthetically they can't compete with the purposeful all-metal form of the Fatboy.

I've had some excellent shaves with it over the past week. It may have been seven years since I last used one, but it took no time to adapt to the feel of the Fatboy. Best results so far have been with a Feather at 6 or 7. Anything below 6 and it becomes less effective for me. I haven't opened it up to 9 yet but I recall doing that last time and it was great. A true classic razor.

Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
It's been interesting and enjoyable so far. The elegant functionality of the Fatboy has always been appealing to me, but I never got around to owning one. In fact I've barely used a DE over the past three years since Injectors became my main razor. I still find my L and N-type Injectors to be the most intuitive and nimble razors, but aesthetically they can't compete with the purposeful all-metal form of the Fatboy.

I've had some excellent shaves with it over the past week. It may have been seven years since I last used one, but it took no time to adapt to the feel of the Fatboy. Best results so far have been with a Feather at 6 or 7. Anything below 6 and it becomes less effective for me. I haven't opened it up to 9 yet but I recall doing that last time and it was great. A true classic razor.
Do you still have the Fatboy @Francorelli? Any further thoughts?

Francorelli

Forum fella
Do you still have the Fatboy @Francorelli? Any further thoughts?
Yes indeed, the Fatboy is still here with me.

Further thoughts: The Fatboy is one of the best razors I've had the pleasure of using. After a few years mostly using Injectors, it has rekindled my interest in DEs. It has inspired me to revisit DE razors, including other Gillette TTOs and the Tech. The Fatboy and the English Red Tip remain my favourites.

Does anyone else want to give the Fatboy a go?

carbold

Carlo
Is this still running? I wanted to give the Fatboy another go...I found myself looking for one, and I want to make sure I want it before pulling the trigger. Again....

Francorelli

Forum fella
The Fatboy was dispatched to @carbold this morning.

It's given me some tremendous shaves and I'm sad to see the fat fella go. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for one of my own now :happy:.

Many thanks to Martin @Dodgy vu and Lee @Rowlers for enabling this passaround.

carbold

Carlo
After a couple of shaves, I can now remember why I sold the Fatboy. It is a lovely looking razor, and very clever in its mechanics, but even on 9 I just don’t get the blade feel I want. I don’t get a deep shave, no matter what. I had to finish off with my trusted 0.8 gap Wolfman, for a perfect BBS...I’m sure people do get good shaves, and it’s almost impossible to get nicks, but for my skin and hair, this razor just doesn’t work

Status
Not open for further replies.