F1 2020

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Great race today, fantastic to see some of the younger drivers on the podium. Would of liked Lando Norris up there but fourth is respectable enough.
Sounded very entertaining on the radio earlier, I'm catching up on highlights now. Looking forward to the analysis of what happened after Magnussen stopped

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Any word on where Perez will go, assuming he's the one getting the boot?
Perez does bring with him money I believe in the way of a wealthy benefactor or Venezuelan oil company. So pretty strange any team would dump him too easily. I’ve no doubt someone will snap him up.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Shame about Lando Norris’s car yesterday. As for Hamilton, equalled a record yeah, but there is no competition. The Mercedes is outstanding as usual. What I’d like to see is FIA buying up 20 touring cars all the same spec and seeing a post season shoot out. Would be interesting to see everyone on an equal basis.

Reactions: p.b

Cleanfoam

Forum GOD!
They should just pull the drivers names out of a hat every race weekend to determine the car they drive - then you'd see how much of it is the car and how much is the driver.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
They should just pull the drivers names out of a hat every race weekend to determine the car they drive - then you'd see how much of it is the car and how much is the driver.
That's what they did for W-Series, change cars and engineers. Guess it's easier when you don't need to worry about driver investment, sponsors and brand image (realise you can work around some of those).

Seeing how far up the grid Lewis Hamilton could get in a Williams or Haas would be really interesting

sev-8

Forum GOD!
92 wins, amazing
Agreed!

Last time out they showed that he had more wins per race than Michael Schumacher, which I wasn't expecting as the seasons are longer now. I wonder if that'd still be the case without Michael's late career comeback?