Expansion

slapo

It's... alive!
Derby Extra aren't as bad as people make them out to be. If you're in a rush and don't really have the time for prep other than splashing water and some gel on the face, then they won't be particularly nice, but they're pretty serviceable otherwise. They also have Derby Premium, which... I've had a sample pack of for maybe a year and haven't tried yet. Might give it a whirl tomorrow, as I just finished a shave.

I'd suggest grabbing samples of the Derby Premium, Derby Usta, Astra Superior Platinum (the Astra Superior Stainless aren't bad either, but Superior Platinum seems to be better received in general), Permasharp, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum, Feather, Kai and Personna Stainless Steel Platinum.
Some people love Gillette Nacet, Shark Super Stainless, Gillette Ruby, Gillette Silver Blue... and a whole bunch of other ones.

I'd suggest avoiding carbon steel blades, though. They're generally much rougher feeling than their stainless steel counterparts

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
One of the links below is the blade sample pack. The others are good (and well priced) soaps and creams:

This is a really great post - I don't think the OP can go wrong if he picks from this.