Expansion

studentshave101

Hi,

Hope everyone is well. As you can tell from my handle I’m a student. Looking to expand a little. And well I’ve got a nice £50 from a cancelled flight from easyJet due to Covid.

I was thinking of getting a sample blade pack to begin with because I’ve been using Derby Extra since I started wet shaving. Which is about 12 months.

Blademonkey gave me some soaps last year.
However, I was looking for some recommendations to get which are cheapish? And if anyone has anything then want to sell away please drop me a DM.

many thanks

SS101

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I don't have experience with the soaps and creams that I'm about to recommend, but they're all relatively cheap and have been recommended by other people here. The BST (Buy-Sell-Trade) is currently suspended due to Covid-19, but once things get going again, you might score some free stuff in the New Member PIFs and Freebies.

For creams, Palmolive is said to be very good for the price (around £2) and you should be able to find it in supermarkets. I know that Sainsbury's definitely sell it, but not so sure about others. Boots own shave cream is also said to be good. For soaps, you could try the Boots shave stick or the Eco Warrior shave soap, also in Boots.

Sure there'll be others along with more recommendations.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Deffo, drop the Derby's and get a blade sample. Soaps, just buy from a UK seller any soap that you like the scent of they are all good enough. P&B, Wickams, Signature (@Brianh) all superb. In fact ask @Brianh if you can buy some samples, probably the only soaps you'll ever need.

studentshave101

Deffo, drop the Derby's and get a blade sample. Soaps, just buy from a UK seller any soap that you like the scent of they are all good enough. P&B, Wickams, Signature (@Brianh) all superb. In fact ask @Brianh if you can buy some samples, probably the only soaps you'll ever need.
I shall drop @Brianh a message tomorrow.

I was just going to buy a sample pack for £18 on eBay which has 225 blades from 30 different brands. Unless you can recommend anything different?

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I'd suggest you go for quality over quantity with the blade sampler, if you have 50 new types of blades I think it'd be overwhelming. https://www.razorbladesclub.com/double-edge-sampler/ (not the All Blades though) and https://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html all include blades that are well thought of and you can buy 1 or 2 different samplers or build your own on RazorBladesClub with individual blades if you want. Postage will be a bit on top.

Edit: I'd probably go with the Popular and/or Gillette packs from Connaught or the Top Quality/Top Seller/Popular from RBC. If I was ordering from RBC, I'd also get some Gillette Nacets (they're my favourites, but you may hate them, who knows)

Last edited:

studentshave101

Maybe an All Gillette and Top quality pack?
But if people have suggestions to build my own pack I’m very willing to listen.

edit: apologies if this blade part is in the cream part of the thread I wanted it all in 1 and felt this was the way to go.

karlc

Über Member
Blades always seem a bit subjective. What might be a great blade for myself, may not be so for others. Id recommend making your own from RazorBladesClub, as sev-8 said.

As for soap...are you looking mostly for a soap, or a cream or a croap?

studentshave101

Blades always seem a bit subjective. What might be a great blade for myself, may not be so for others. Id recommend making your own from RazorBladesClub, as sev-8 said.

As for soap...are you looking mostly for a soap, or a cream or a croap?
I’m willing to try what anyone recommends. Whatever people think are good products.

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
One of the links below is the blade sample pack. The others are good (and well priced) soaps and creams:

Will-J

Legendary Member
If you're grabbing a few sample blades from Connaught chuck a Speick stick in your basket too, not a cream but a very good and very affordable option.

Connaught also sell small sample pots for Wickham, P&B etc. which are normally good for 4-5 shaves each, although you will need to put the sample into a bowl of some sort for lathering.

The Gillette or Popular sampler packs are probably a good place to start and maybe chuck in some Nacets and a couple of tucks of anything else that take your fancy. Blades are quite cheap and what one person likes you may hate depending on your razor and technique.

Hi,

Hope everyone is well. As you can tell from my handle I’m a student. Looking to expand a little. And well I’ve got a nice £50 from a cancelled flight from easyJet due to Covid.

I was thinking of getting a sample blade pack to begin with because I’ve been using Derby Extra since I started wet shaving. Which is about 12 months.

Blademonkey gave me some soaps last year.
However, I was looking for some recommendations to get which are cheapish? And if anyone has anything then want to sell away please drop me a DM.

many thanks

SS101
Hey buddy, I'd be very happy to send you a nice little sample pack of blades. Drop me a P.M if you're interested.