Ever Ready Jewel

VisceralWatch

Forum GOD!
A. I have Two Razors in The Chased case, which when sold the Cardboard Box referred to them as Jewels, shame I have not a box.
B. I also have this Razor in a Chased box, which is called " New Jewel and Combination Set", I do have a Leather Case which was made to go with this set. Think this Set is quite rare.

View attachment 101392

View attachment 101393 View attachment 101394
Wow, that's a stunning example of the combination set. @Tommo and I also recently acquired one of those sets, but neither of ours is as nice as yours, if I do say so myself :)

VisceralWatch

Forum GOD!
Is there something in the water that makes us blokes fro Stoke collect “Streamline” type Razors. Was one of my first SEs and I really learnt SE Shaving with it.
This is a very good question. I really went off the deep end with collecting these. I only need a couple more sets and then I believe I will own every example of "Streamline" ...

MPF9

Forum GOD!
This is a very good question. I really went off the deep end with collecting these. I only need a couple more sets and then I believe I will own every example of "Streamline" ...
Yes I went mad and have brought a lot of Double Clamshell sets, sold around 6 to fellow Shavers.
I use This Razor on every Vintage rotation

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Streamline, Jewel. Fancy that!
I have a mundane 'Bathroom set'.

(and three left-to-rot-in-a-drawer-but-will-clean-up-niceley unboxed 1912s)

(and a sun-ray of course)

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Streamline, Jewel. Fancy that!
I have a mundane 'Bathroom set'.

(and three left-to-rot-in-a-drawer-but-will-clean-up-niceley unboxed 1912s)

(and a sun-ray of course)
Nothing mundane about the Bathroom Set, it delivers a super Shave as it works so well with a modern blade. It is my preferred 1912 .

UKRob

Forum GOD!
So it's only really a streamline if it's in a streamline case.
I’m more inclined to think that the ‘package’ dictates the name rather than changes the name of the razor. After all, if you took the different razors out and shuffled them blindfold, you would not know which ones went with which set. I believe there were two versions of the Streamline - the earlier has a slimmer neck on the handle and different drainage channels in the base plate and dated from the 1930s with the changes introduced in the 1940/50s. If I can find them I have a couple of photos that show the differences.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I’m more inclined to think that the ‘package’ dictates the name rather than changes the name of the razor. After all, if you took the different razors out and shuffled them blindfold, you would not know which ones went with which set. I believe there were two versions of the Streamline - the earlier has a slimmer neck on the handle and different drainage channels in the base plate and dated from the 1930s with the changes introduced in the 1940/50s. If I can find them I have a couple of photos that show the differences.
Yes the later ER Chrome Plated Razor has been marketed in various packaging which names the Razor, but they are all the same Razor.

Tommo

Forum GOD!
Is there something in the water that makes us blokes fro Stoke collect “Streamline” type Razors. Was one of my first SEs and I really learnt SE Shaving with it.
I think it's just anything old and shiney (doesn't need to be shiney) in my case! Just realised you bought the 30s streamline off me recently on TSR.