Eau De Toilette usage queries

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
These may seem like foolish questions that show a distinct lack of sophistication, but...

a) What is the difference between an EDT and an aftershave?

b) How is one supposed to use an EDT?

Thanks

steve

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
These may seem like foolish questions that show a distinct lack of sophistication, but...

a) What is the difference between an EDT and an aftershave?

b) How is one supposed to use an EDT?

Thanks

steve
EDP has the highest scent and alcohol content, then it’s EDT and with the least it’s Aftershave. This has a bearing usually to how long the scent lasts. Useage, err I just splash it all over, lol !

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
You put aftershave on your face. Scent is an added benefit - or an unnecessary irritant, depending on your point of view.

Eau de cologne, toilette, parfum etc (in order of concentration - loosely correlated to ‘strength’) are not applied to the face but instead used as a personal fragrance. Some put on pulse points - typically neck and wrists - whereas others apply to hair and clothes.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
You put aftershave on your face. Scent is an added benefit - or an unnecessary irritant, depending on your point of view.

Eau de cologne, toilette, parfum etc (in order of concentration - loosely correlated to ‘strength’) are not applied to the face but instead used as a personal fragrance. Some put on pulse points - typically neck and wrists - whereas others apply to hair and clothes.
However i'll also add colognes in many cases can also be used as a post shave splash, however realistically they'll only have the alcohol to give any sort of post shave benefit.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Eu de Toilette is more concentrated and longer lasting. I'll use an aftershave after each shave. But if I want something a little more pronounced, I'll squirt some Eu de Toilette on before heading out of a night on the town. I'll never use the two together.