Declaration Grooming Milksteak

RandySp

Legendary Member
Nah, keeping it to myself for now. It might eventually even be 2 razors. We'll see how it goes.

That being said, I wonder what the price of the new Milksteak soaps will be. I believe I paid $24 for Darkfall in the Icarus base last year.
King Scott said under 25. So I assume 22-24

halvor

a most elusive fish
I've largely stopped chasing better shaves through new acquisitions, but was curious and took a punt on the somewhat distastefully named Massacre soap. 8-9 dollars more in shipping direct from source than from Maggards; I'll live just fine with that. (Presumably also means more money direct to artisan, which has a value in itself. Not that I see Maggards as a usurping capitalist venture, far from it.)

RandySp

Legendary Member
FWIW the prices are good without the shipping for this kind of soap base.

To be safe scent wise I will choose the Sellout to avoid any surprises.

"Milksteak, the best soap base ever made.. "

We ll see..

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I've largely stopped chasing better shaves through new acquisitions, but was curious and took a punt on the somewhat distastefully named Massacre soap. 8-9 dollars more in shipping direct from source than from Maggards; I'll live just fine with that. (Presumably also means more money direct to artisan, which has a value in itself. Not that I see Maggards as a usurping capitalist venture, far from it.)
Likewise here, there's a lot of hype free products which perform splendidly e.g. Summer Break soaps, but curiosity got the better of me too and so I went ahead and placed an order direct with DG for Yuzo Rose Patchouli (a scent I've been wanting to try for ages)

RandySp

Legendary Member
Likewise here, there's a lot of hype free products which perform splendidly e.g. Summer Break soaps, but curiosity got the better too and so I went ahead and placed an order direct with DG for Yuzo Rose Patchouli (a scent I've been wanting to try for ages)
The two soaps can't even be compared.

I'm not sure with which soap base could Milksteak be compared. It seems like the king of kings. Makes B&M Excelsior look like Proraso.

The YRP is a winner for me. One of the three most popular scents from Chatillon along with Gratiot League Square and Unconditional Surrender based on what he told me.

Edit: Oh the price point of Milksteak is very good. I didn't expect that. Will wait, but definitely want this in my den. My other soaps are already start crying..

Last edited:

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Likewise here, there's a lot of hype free products which perform splendidly e.g. Summer Break soaps, but curiosity got the better of me too and so I went ahead and placed an order direct with DG for Yuzo Rose Patchouli (a scent I've been wanting to try for ages)
The two soaps can't even be compared.

I'm not sure with which soap base could Milksteak be compared. It seems like the king of kings. Makes B&M Excelsior look like Proraso.
Who's comparing them? Not me
Unlike some I don't pass definitive judgment on things I haven't tried or cheerlead them either

CobraX

Über Member
I haven't experienced a night and day difference between any of my soaps and that includes the mass-production ones. That doesn't mean I cannot notice a difference, but it's not like twice or three times as good or as bad. That being said, I expect that this base will be a top tier base without blowing away other top tier bases like e.g. BaM Excelsior or the current A&E base. When you're comparing top tier bases, it's like comparing Messi to Ronaldo, the differences will be small and your preference will be more important.

I had 500 Declaration Points left, so I opted for a "Free Shipping Voucher", but during the checkout process it said "discount code isn’t available for your shipping address". So I contacted Scott and asked if he could refund the points, so I could get a "$5 Voucher" instead (also 500 Declaration Points). I'm still doubting though if I shouldn't just wait for Maggard Razors because shipping will be even cheaper there and they have "customs-friendly" shipping.

CobraX

Über Member
Scott already refunded my points and we all know what that means: I've just ordered Darkfall with a $5 discount thanks to the voucher.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Non-alcoholic aftershave toner in the same scent with your name on it here if you want it, Sean. Free of charge.

RandySp

Legendary Member
Who's comparing them? Not me
Unlike some I don't pass definitive judgment on things I haven't tried or cheerlead them either
Well, I said what I'm expecting for the Milk steak to be.

If it is not that good, I will definitely tell it.
Like A&E. It is not so close to Excelsior, it is below it, but with a better post shave and more easy to lather.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I echo your sentiments @halvor I don't think I can get better shaves now.