Custom Cedric Christ, Suminigashi white paper steel.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
I wanted to own something a little different, so I decided to go with a razor I own and a razor really enjoy, so I set about taking all the measurements including all the specification from my original vintage Japanese Hoshi Tonbo 6500 First Edition, I sent them to Cedric telling him what materials and steel I wanted, and this is what Cedric came up with.

Cedric Christ Custom commission, a modern twist Tribute Hoshi Tombo 6500 First Edition - Suminagashi White Paper steel & Carbon fibre.

capture-20190208-143337.png

capture-20190208-143232.png

Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Stunning Jamie.
A serious question so don't take offense please. Which razor has the better steel, the original or the modern interpretation?

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Outstanding razor. It must be fate as he emailed me today regarding a commission.
His work is the best I have ever seen.
Enjoy Jamie.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Stunning Jamie.
A serious question so don't take offence, please. Which razor has the better steel, the original or the modern interpretation?
Wayne, that's a difficult one, I have many razors with different steels and I would say that as long as the temper and edge are good you will be hard pushed to say which steel is the better.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Wayne, that's a difficult one, I have many razors with different steels and I would say that as long as the temper and edge are good you will be hard pushed to say which steel is the better.
Thank you Jamie. She's a stunner, Hope you enjoy her mate.

p.b

Forum GOD!
The modern carbon fibre scales work beautifully with the 'old school' straight razor blade. It looks brilliant.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I really like the definite lined profile. But then always liked the shape of the Hoshi Tonbo

ronald

Looks amazing! Do you know what kind of white steel it is (ie white 2 or white 1)? Both steels make great kitchen knives, the white 1 has a bit more carbon in the alloy making it harder and able to keep its edge longer. I'd imagine that it would translate to less frequent honing when shaving with a straight.