Completed Come on chaps - cheer yourselves up!! - Meet the Alpha Classic...

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
Gentlemen (and Ladies if we have any!!) - Meet the Alpha Classic...

My first sojourn into the world of resin handles. The design is, as ever, Alpha's own. The brush comes in a choice of 4 colours as shown. Deep Coral Red, Faux Jade, Vintage Blue and Classic Ivory

Vital statistics:-
  • Height - approx 64mm (2.5")
  • Weight - 100g (3.5 oz)
  • Knot - Generation 4 Synthetic
  • Knot size - 28mm
  • Turned resin
  • Hand polished and lettered with the Alpha logo
The G4 Synthetic Knot - Brian M. from Executive Shaving reviewed this knot as follows. It is the same knot I put into my Titanium Outlaw handles except it is 28mm of loveliness instead of 26mm:

"Moving onto the knot, this is the very best knot I have ever used, it’s super-soft on the skin but due to the high density of bristles (how do they manage it?), the knot has excellent backbone. Alpha tells me that the synthetic fibres are Generation Four (G4), these fibres are without a shadow of a doubt the finest I have ever handled. Has any other brand produced the perfect pairing of super-soft tips and bristle density to this level? I doubt it."

Pricing: This is a real discount to retail. I will place these at a well know UK vendor soon as these will retail at £35 plus shipping, that is approx $47 in the old money.

Note about shipping: Because of the COVID-19 issue a lot of my shipping has been suspended until the movement of planes improves. Sending by DHL, FEDEX or UPS etc. is too expensive. So I will have to ship by surface mail - it takes about 1 month to reach you - hence the substantial discount.

My price to you is NOT £35.00 but $35.00 - plus shipping of $6.50 - by now you should be ready. By now you should be salivating. By now - hit me up and BUY one!!

Here are the pics. Click on the thumbnails for a closer look.

Last edited:

owlman

Forum GOD!
What's the loft on these knots? I have a 28/57 Timberwolf, which I think is rather high (read: floppy), and a 28/50 Omega EVO, which works quite well. Also a 29/54 Simpson Souvereign (Trafalgar T3; officially a 26/50 knot but mine measures differently), which could be a tad lower. No idea how these fibers compare to the G4, though.

AlphaShaving

Vendor
What's the loft on these knots? I have a 28/57 Timberwolf, which I think is rather high (read: floppy), and a 28/50 Omega EVO, which works quite well. Also a 29/54 Simpson Souvereign (Trafalgar T3; officially a 26/50 knot but mine measures differently), which could be a tad lower. No idea how these fibers compare to the G4, though.
50-51mm. Its not floppy. Beautiful amount of backbone and feather soft tips.

owlman

Forum GOD!
It looks like @p.b has gotten his brush a few days ago, since he currently PIFs it. Did anyone else receive their order yet? Mine was among those first 30 mailed by @vlasta, and the most recent life sign in tracking is still "handed over to carrier" on May 13 (i.e., seven weeks ago). I assume it's literally shipped by ship?

p.b

Forum GOD!
Mine was handed over to the carrier on May 11. Maybe yours is on the next boat or already in the postal system? Hopefully soon anyway.

AlphaShaving

Vendor
Sorry guys yes shipped by surface mail - that's all there is AND the reason the brush was half price.

Reactions: p.b

Steve

Boomer Member
Tried to purchase the jade handle, on your link, but paypal says there is something wrong in the website, and can't take me to checkout.

Last edited: