Colds, flu and other viruses

RandySp

Serial OverShaver
That’s quite alright you know, Mrs Saint is nursing staff that wouldn’t be a worry.
You know me after all these posts, from a point and after, I have always the mask on even in outside areas. I'm using mostly a KN95 and never come face to face to speak with anyone.

So, having that in mind, I'm refusing that it is possible to catch anything else, because of the mask, because other viruses are not THAT contagious. I'm wearing and not touching the mask even when I'm alone inside the taxi, without any clients.

So I can't do anything more, I think I'm going crazy again..!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
You know me after all these posts, from a point and after, I have always the mask on even in outside areas. I'm using mostly a KN95 and never come face to face to speak with anyone.

So, having that in mind, I'm refusing that it is possible to catch anything else, because of the mask, because other viruses are not THAT contagious. I'm wearing and not touching the mask even when I'm alone inside the taxi, without any clients.

So I can't do anything more, I think I'm going crazy again..!
I do understand, as in the Covid thread you will see, I am waiting for a colleagues Covid test result to come back. If it’s positive I will need to be tested and I will be needing to isolate. I’m waiting on a call from the principles at work so see what happens next. I am working from home Monday at least and one part of my job will not be taking place now for two weeks. Scary yeah, driving me made yeah, nothing much I can do though. At the moment I’m fine, no temp, can smell and taste everything.

RandySp

Serial OverShaver
I do understand, as in the Covid thread you will see, I am waiting for a colleagues Covid test result to come back. If it’s positive I will need to be tested and I will be needing to isolate. I’m waiting on a call from the principles at work so see what happens next. I am working from home Monday at least and one part of my job will not be taking place now for two weeks. Scary yeah, driving me made yeah, nothing much I can do though. At the moment I’m fine, no temp, can smell and taste everything.
Oh I see. Hope it is negative. Many times in the past, I felt sick, more than now, because now I don't feel bad. But I never checked my temp.

Now, I don't want even to rest,I'm walking inside the house and drive all others crazy. I always check the temp now it is 37.6 after the shower.

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Oh I see. Hope it is negative. Many times in the past, I felt sick, more than now, because now I don't feel bad. But I never checked my temp.

Now, I don't want even to rest,I'm walking inside the house and drive all others crazy. I always check the temp now it is 37.6 after the shower.
If you’re that worried go to your doctor and get tested.

Honestly Randy if you’re going to react like this every time you get a sniffle, get help. Seriously, you’re not being rational and you need to talk to someone to help you with your anxiety. Please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m concerned about you.

RandySp

Serial OverShaver
If you’re that worried go to your doctor and get tested.

Honestly Randy if you’re going to react like this every time you get a sniffle, get help. Seriously, you’re not being rational and you need to talk to someone to help you with your anxiety. Please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m concerned about you.
Of course Chris, no problem, the same believes my wife for me TBH. It's a shame, because I'm a young man, but not acting like a man, just a child.

Martini

Forum GOD!
The way you are acting George nothing will help you to calm down but to get tested. As soon as you see the negative results you'll get "cured". Just a friendly advice.

Last edited:

RandySp

Serial OverShaver
The way you are acting George nothing will help you to calm down but to get tested. As soon as you see the negative results you'll get "cured". Just a friendly advice.
I understand. It could help one thing: Even lower temperature. Now it's 37.4

I'm afraid even to make the test for two reasons:

1. To go in an area with other patients who some of them definitely will have it, with the risk of catching it there, just before the test and then repeat the process all over again.

2. The anxiety for the phone call or the e-mail with the result. Just a thought of it and I'm already so anxious. Sometimes I even catch myself shaking when nervous for not such a big problem finally.

Of course, I realize that I don't act normally but this won't change.. I know there is no need for so much anxiety, but most of the times I can't control it.

I only can control it when a problem is finally over and see that everything is ok & the way I planned it. But life doesn't behave like that.

Last edited:

Martini

Forum GOD!
I understand George. But if you don't find any other way to lower your anxiety, at the end you will have to do it anyway. I hope you relax and see it as a common cold. You don't have the high temperature or the rest of symptoms. Take it easy ... get a shot of Metaxa (12yo is a heavenly drink) ... :thumbsup:

RandySp

Serial OverShaver
I understand George. But if you don't find any other way to lower your anxiety, at the end you will have to do it anyway. I hope you relax and see it as a common cold. You don't have the high temperature or the rest of symptoms. Take it easy ... get a shot of Metaxa (12yo is a heavenly drink) ... :thumbsup:
Thank you for saying that. I always thought that the mask will protect me even from the common cold, just to avoid making thoughts about Covid, and that is why I take it off only when I get home.

37.3 for now.

Last edited:

RandySp

Serial OverShaver
Till now, temp hasn't go over 37.2, mostly around 36.8.

I cleaned the whole house, I had appetite to eat some chicken with potatoes..

I opened the Proraso Red Pre Shave Cream and I started to smell something. It feels faint but I can definitely catch the smell.

I tried also to smell Wholly Kaw Bare Siero. Although it doesn't have any actual smell I did catch the "dry cat food" smell a bit.

Martini

Forum GOD!
You should get some good quality nice scented soaps. Stop using this garbage :roflmao:

I can tell you are doing fine George. I wish you to keep it this way. :thumbsup: