closed razor

neiasden

what are some of the reasons why a razor will not close straight. you have two equal pieces you put a pin through all of it how can it not be centered? I closed one and split the blade LOL I don't know what happened but it didn't close right

DaltonGang

Forum GOD!
what are some of the reasons why a razor will not close straight. you have two equal pieces you put a pin through all of it how can it not be centered? I closed one and split the blade LOL I don't know what happened but it didn't close right
Pics of the "Split Blade"?? Do you mean you " Cracked the Blade"?
The reason it isn't centered is one or more reasons:
1. Scales are warped. (Crap happens on some, over time).
2. Pivot pin is bent. (Bad job of re-tightening by someone).
3. Warped blade. (Rarely the issue).
4. You could be "Cross-eyed". (Hey, it could happen).

neiasden

Pics of the "Split Blade"?? Do you mean you " Cracked the Blade"?
The reason it isn't centered is one or more reasons:
1. Scales are warped. (Crap happens on some, over time).
2. Pivot pin is bent. (Bad job of re-tightening by someone).
3. Warped blade. (Rarely the issue).
4. You could be "Cross-eyed". (Hey, it could happen).
I think when I pushed it closed it caught or something and I just pushed it harder when I did that it kind of just ripped it. if you hold a piece of paper up and tear it halfway through that's kind of what it did LOL I agree with you crap happens lol and I am definitely cross-eyed I didn't want to blame it on that though LOL warped scales are probably it but a bent pivot pin is something to think about because I had no idea and there are two

R181

Grumpy old man
I think when I pushed it closed it caught or something and I just pushed it harder when I did that it kind of just ripped it. if you hold a piece of paper up and tear it halfway through that's kind of what it did LOL I agree with you crap happens lol and I am definitely cross-eyed I didn't want to blame it on that though LOL warped scales are probably it but a bent pivot pin is something to think about because I had no idea and there are two
You simply forced a blade to close when the blade and scales were not in alignment resulting in a cracked blade. Is there a mark or chunk out of the scales where the blade made contact? There is only one pivot pin and that is the one the blade rotates on.

Bob

neiasden

I
You simply forced a blade to close when the blade and scales were not in alignment resulting in a cracked blade. Is there a mark or chunk out of the scales where the blade made contact? There is only one pivot pin and that is the one the blade rotates on.

Bob
OTE="R181, post: 571356, member: 304"]

Bob
[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there was a mark or not they are gone now. I've had more than one accident resulting in chipped blades but I had never had one ripped like that. just like some really strong guy just picked it up and ripped it right down the middle LOL it may have been broke when I got it but if not that's how it got broke I can't really say that may be why it hung up like it did because it was already broke but it came in a bunch of them as I said so I just threw it away