Climate Change......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I just finished partying on Leonardo Di Caprio 's super yacht with Greta and co.. we were having a climate conference n stuff. Love being part of climate change.. and everything. One of the waiters on the yacht forgot my £1000 bottle of water and had run out of vegan sausage rolls..so I slapped him about.. and kicked him up the arse. These people are destroying our beautiful world!

What did I miss in the thread? :laugh:

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
@les24preludes - you lost my attention in post #3 when you stated that all the intelligent people are in the universities. So, I’m with a Wayne on this one and will sit out of the debate.
Well, of course I didn't say "all the intelligent people are in the universities". I made a generalised observation that with regard to climate change "you'll find the brains inside universities and not governments" my meaning being that research is carried out in universities and not usually in governments which have a different function.

R181 has noted that atmospheric pollution has risen steadily since the Industrial Revolution. The graph is pretty obvious. Bob seems to understand this pretty well. I can joke about just about anything as I'm sure I've established by now, but climate change for me is beyond joking. My son just got married and it hurts me to imagine what their lives will be like in even 30 years time, or indeed well before that.

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
Well, there you have it in a nut shell. The bitter and twisted pointing blame at the rich and famous as if that is going to make a difference and those who are worried and that is not going to make much difference of itself either. Too bad people can't get together and try and make a positive difference.

Bob

TobyC

Patriot
Nothing to do with planet warming. I don't like pollution, I like clean. I like clean land, rivers, oceans, and air, and beyond. There is no excuse for turning the planet into a toxic wasteland.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Euronews NOW has a whole "green week" on climate change this week. Some very interesting and informative programmes.

It's worth taking a look, since the subject is so crucial and it's getting virtually no extended coverage on channels like the BBC.

The UK, incidentally is one of the "dirty men" of Europe - behind other main countries in willingness to do something about climate change. The EU is pushing its "Green Deal" which we're no longer part of since Brexit. Europe currently leads the world on climate change.

Here's one of several studies - it states that the world could easily survive on 40% of the energy it currently uses.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Euronews NOW has a whole "green week" on climate change this week. Some very interesting and informative programmes.

It's worth taking a look, since the subject is so crucial and it's getting virtually no extended coverage on channels like the BBC.

The UK, incidentally is one of the "dirty men" of Europe - behind other main countries in willingness to do something about climate change. The EU is pushing its "Green Deal" which we're no longer part of since Brexit. Europe currently leads the world on climate change.

Here's one of several studies - it states that the world could easily survive on 40% of the energy it currently uses.

Radical changes don't mean a "return to the dark ages".

But there is next to no information on what they do mean either.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Radical changes don't mean a "return to the dark ages".
But there is next to no information on what they do mean either.
In my experience, the actual programmes are a lot more complete than the website precis of them. There's a lot of good information in the actual programmes - I've been watching some and they're good. Euronews has being doing some good stuff lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.