Chiseled Face New Soap Base

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1881

Ingredients:
Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Castor Oil, Beef Tallow, Silk Hydrolysate, Potassium Hydroxide (lye), Lanolin, Aloe Vera Juice, Water, Fragrance, White Kaolin Clay, Sodium Lactate, Kukom Butter, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide (lye), Sugar, Slippery Elm Bark Extract

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I'm skipping this. His new labels are a huge downgrade compared to his previous labels. Basically just take a picture, put the text "artisanal shaving soap 4oz (113g)" on it and put the Chiseled Face logo and soap name inside an ugly square with one rounded side. Can't help but feel those labels are made by someone who's never done any graphical design. I get the same feeling with Catie's Bubbles by the way. Also Ron even mentions this about his soap which doesn't sound too promising:

"Some of my testers reported feeling a skin tightening sensation – be aware that this is the film left by the silk hydrolysate."

I also don't like what he mentions in the video below (thick wall jars for me please):

"I used thinner walled jars than a lot of vendors do, partially to save money, partially to save the environment and partially to save in weight which saves a ton on shipping."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMB4H6unDk

D

Deleted member 1881

I'm skipping this. His new labels are a huge downgrade compared to his previous labels. Basically just take a picture, put the text "artisanal shaving soap 4oz (113g)" on it and put the Chiseled Face logo and soap name inside an ugly square with one rounded side. Can't help but feel those labels are made by someone who's never done any graphical design. I get the same feeling with Catie's Bubbles by the way. Also Ron even mentions this about his soap which doesn't sound too promising:

"Some of my testers reported feeling a skin tightening sensation – be aware that this is the film left by the silk hydrolysate."

I also don't like what he mentions in the video below (thick wall jars for me please):

"I used thinner walled jars than a lot of vendors do, partially to save money, partially to save the environment and partially to save in weight which saves a ton on shipping."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMB4H6unDk
I agree with the labels, a disaster.
I once wanted to be a tester for Ron, in Reddit, he denied, by saying that he has more testers than clients.

I'm out too.

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
Yeah I thought the previous labels were much better. I also saw the recommendation to load for 40 seconds, unless it's triple milled you will burn through it.

D

Deleted member 1881

The only thing Ron didn't tell us is to avoid this soap base.

And when a future customer asks for samples, you don't avoid him.

You send him a 10gr plastic pot of soap, you thank him for the interest, and ask him how did he find the soap base.

Let's give an example: King Sri, with one of the best and most expensive brands in wet shaving decided to send me his new shaving cream to try along with other skin goodies.

After this, he decided to send me again, a full bar of his prebiotic body soap to try (100-125gr).

Now, about Ron, I know that he may have sent samples to 2000 individuals, but 2001 wouldn't hurt I believe.

What did I do to worth all of these??
Nothing. I just had ordered a Siero soap from Maggards BEFORE he sent me all these, and 3 years ago some samples, from Maggards again, to try his Donkey Milk formula.

And he bothered asking about the performance of the cream. When I told him about the lack of residual slickness, he made corrections to fix that.

But that's why he is who he is.

A different thing happened with Chatillon Lux. I thought the Sni Mato Post Shaver Toner from Maggards was offensive and unusable. I didn't ask him for another scent of course, but he could sent a different one and just ask me to pay the shipping. It would cost nothing. (Not Brad, Chatillon).

Oh well, I now use it to keep the mosquitoes away. Does a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I agree, the new design is a step backward.
I never used the old base due to no scents that are appealing to me, or quite usual and already seen, but even if they launch something new - man, that graphics.... (probably same reason why i don't have any Storybooks soaps, Shannon's or even Mikes. So boring)
We buy with our eyes and unconsciously are attracted to better-looking stuff. In a market with so many great soaps and not many differences in performance, factors such as price, design, and scents decide. You have to do better if you want to be ''important''.

sgrdddy

Forum GOD!
i've used the new soap base a few times, and i think it is a big step up in lather quality and luxury. the old one works fine, but i like the new a lot better.

new is more creamy and feels much better on your face, and can take a good bit of water. slickness is top notch.

the 40 sec load option is likely for those face lathering heavy loaders. me and my bowl will likely be just fine with 15 secs, or so, is my guess.

i did not experience any kind of skin-tightening after the shave. my skin did feel really good, though. but that's not a big deal to me anyway.

and since i don't shave with labels, i couldn't care less about them. all they have to be is decent, and this one is. and i think it has a bit of class to it, to boot.

Loyal sounds really good. its on my To Buy list.

my 2 cents.

D

Deleted member 1881

i've used the new soap base a few times, and i think it is a big step up in lather quality and luxury. the old one works fine, but i like the new a lot better.

new is more creamy and feels much better on your face, and can take a good bit of water. slickness is top notch.

the 40 sec load option is likely for those face lathering heavy loaders. me and my bowl will likely be just fine with 15 secs, or so, is my guess.

i did not experience any kind of skin-tightening after the shave. my skin did feel really good, though. but that's not a big deal to me anyway.

and since i don't shave with labels, i couldn't care less about them. all they have to be is decent, and this one is. and i think it has a bit of class to it, to boot.

Loyal sounds really good. its on my To Buy list.

my 2 cents.
How would you compare the price of the new base, with A&E that costs the same?

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
I ordered Ghost Town Barber in early april and today it arrived. The jar and label is poor, but the soap performed very well (only first use). It's a few years since I used the old base (which is very good, but not up with best). This new base is very slick with a dense, nice lather. Post shave seems good, but is too early to evaluate.