Pass Around Carbon CX-316L including two new base plates

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
image0.jpeg

Thanks to Holyzeus for the quick delivery of the razor. Had my first shave this morning using the standard plate. It was a nice smooth shave but not as efficient or blade forward as I've got used to with the Blackland Dart.

Didn't have any irritation or weepers and basically felt like I could easily use this plate daily with no issues.

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
So I've had a few shaves with the Carbon now using the standard and the ++ plate and I can say it's a good razor but not one I'd reach for regularly. The build quality is great but there is something about the shave angle I can't get on with.

I was also surprised that the ++ plate feels virtually the same as the standard one to me, I couldn't feel much more blade exposure or efficiency.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
So I've had a few shaves with the Carbon now using the standard and the ++ plate and I can say it's a good razor but not one I'd reach for regularly. The build quality is great but there is something about the shave angle I can't get on with.

I was also surprised that the ++ plate feels virtually the same as the standard one to me, I couldn't feel much more blade exposure or efficiency.
Ajay, the ++ plate, whilst having a larger gap, actually has less blade exposure than the + which in turn is less than the original. Never could understand the logic in that.

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
Had a couple of shaves with the + plate and I think it is the best of the 3 for me. It's smooth and efficient but still the shaving angle of the razor makes it one i'd not regularly use. It works well enough for my head shaves but around my neck and face I find myself struggling with it.

Definitely appreciate the quality of these razors but I won't be rushing out to buy one (thankfully!) The Blackland Dart remains the DE king for me.

Is there anyone who wants to be added to the pass around? I'm happy to move the razor along to someone else if @Nishy approves.