Pass Around Carbon CX-316L including two new base plates

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
:D :thumbsup:
View attachment 95614

Gents, so... my time with the Carbon has come to an end. I'll keep this short and sweet as I feel I've vented enough opinions in regards to this razor and the multiple plates.

This 0.68 plate is simply flawless, nothing more, nothing less. It's the only plate to go for in my opinion, good amount of blade feel but remains smooth and comfortable throughout each pass. There is nothing the other plates offer that this one doesn't, and the plate categorization on the Carbon website needs changing as it is not an accurate representation of how these plates perform. This one is clear and decisive, it's the reason Carbon razors are highly sought after, the sequels, however, lack identity in my opinion.

In regards to this handle above, it's the only option for me too, I don't like the Ti, knurling is weak and handle is to light. The other SS, unless you like the aesthetics of course just doesn't do anything for me. (knurling is good though)

I hope I've done my diligence whilst having this razor in my possession, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with it and I thank all parties ivolved in letting me experiment with this Carbon set.

I will be ready to get this posted out to the next participant in the coming days. @Scorpio93, can you reach out to me with your address please.

Thanks all,
A number of excellent posts. Considered and measured opinions well thought out, which I just so happen to concur with. :thumbsup:

Morpheus

Forum GOD!
:D :thumbsup:

A number of excellent posts. Considered and measured opinions well thought out, which I just so happen to concur with. :thumbsup:
Thanks Rob, went in to a lot of detail for sure. It was quite high up my purchase list, but ultimately left a lot to be desired. The original plate will be the one I go for eventually, but the Carbon has been moved down the list of purchases for now. I'm looking forward to my turn on the 'Menlo' & 'Yates' in the coming weeks/months though :).

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Thanks Rob, went in to a lot of detail for sure. It was quite high up my purchase list, but ultimately left a lot to be desired. The original plate will be the one I go for eventually, but the Carbon has been moved down the list of purchases for now. I'm looking forward to my turn on the 'Menlo' & 'Yates' in the coming weeks/months though :).
If you haven’t tried the Outlaw yet I’d highly recommend you put it on your list. It’s now my favourite razor, knocking the Carbon (0.68) off the top spot.

chinski

Forum GOD!
I’ve actually bought a ++ plate. Not a lot of point in me being in the pass round. Thank you for the opportunity.
Wik.