Pass Around Carbon CX-316L including two new base plates

I have had the pleasure of using both + and ++ plates for three shaves each. I definitely like both plates. I experience more efficiency with the ++ over the + whilst blade feel or face feel remains relatively constant. Initial shave with the new plate was not comfortable or suitably efficient (relative to cost) but angle (steeper) and pressure (less) was altered, leaving a comfortable 2nd and 3rd shave.

View attachment 68994

View attachment 68995
LtoR
CX, +, ++

Relating the above to the ATT range; from M to R to H you gain more blade feel and efficiency, similar to the CX, +, and ++. IMO I experience a more comfortable shave with Carbon than with the ATT range. The shave with Carbon feels similar to the Oristo or Mamba with regards to comfort, again whilst increasing efficiency as you scale up. Loud feedback and direct blade feel, my type of shave. I haven't decided if I like the ++ more than the +, the + is providing a challenge with rewards which is more enticing, for now.
View attachment 68997
CX - +

View attachment 68998
CX - ++

View attachment 68996
+ - ++
Hi sorry if using this wrong haha new to ATG as only found out about you when asking about the Carbon. Would you say the ++ plate good for stubble like wire wool?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi sorry if using this wrong haha new to ATG as only found out about you when asking about the Carbon. Would you say the ++ plate good for stubble like wire wool?
Hiya in all honesty I have experienced more efficient razors that are 'smoother' on the face, such as the Timeless 0.95 OC and ATT H1. However, the Carbon CX original is exceptionally smooth and efficient IMO.

Hiya in all honesty I have experienced more efficient razors that are 'smoother' on the face, such as the Timeless 0.95 OC and ATT H1. However, the Carbon CX original is exceptionally smooth and efficient IMO.
Yeah I’m eying one up this year but issue like all razors trying get the right plate

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
6s, Colibri, game changer .84, German 37slant
I'll be honest unless the slant is the Merkur 37c I haven't tried any of the above. I would suggest the Timeless 0.95 SB Titanium. If looking for a beast but SE, try the original ATT SE2, not the 2nd version which was mentioned as being milder. The Rex is a great choice too and offers an adjustable option.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
The ++ will give you a pretty good shave Colin and, for me, it was the best plate of the three I’ve tried. It’s not as good as the Colibri 1.30 you’ve already got, in my opinion, mate.