Pass Around Carbon CX-316L including two new base plates

Tonyschin

Veteran
Thank you @Nishy and @CarbonShavingCo for the opportunity to try this wonderful razor, i normally prefer Mild to Mid aggressive DE's and i am looking forward to trying it out.

1. Nishy
2. Ventastic
3. Morr
4. ajc347
5. p.b
6. Masamune
7. Stonec0ld
8. Carbold
9. Danjo312
10. Jeepie
11. Hogan
12. Steven_jagger
13. vartik
14. Blackmass
15. Boycie83
16. Tonyschin

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
IMG_20210410_194037.jpg

Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx Original
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Finest 2B
Soap: Oaken Lab Batavia Barber
ASL: Oaken Lab Batavia Barber
ASB: None

First shave with the Carbon and the original plate. I've started with this plate as it's the one I'd gravitate towards if I was to select a single plate of the 3.

I really like the audible feedback from this razor. I can feel the blade but it's at that sweet point where I can manoeuvre the razor easily and without fear.

The R2 handle was the most aesthetically pleasing to me so I selected that one to use. It feels nice in the hand and suits my delicate hands.

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
IMG_20210412_153631.jpg

Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx Original
Blade: ASCO Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Yaqi 2B
Soap: Extro Barocco
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: LEA

The Carbon still feels good in the hand and I love the aesthetics of it but I'm on the fence about the shave so far. I still have a fair amount of stubble remaining - this has happened with both the GSB and Asco. Whilst I appreciate that I'm still dialling in the razor, I've had cleaner shaves with similar blade feel razors.

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
Interesting to hear alternate thoughts on the Carbon. Boycie what is your go to razor?
Difficult one to answer Nishy as I have quite an arsenal of razors. I enjoy using both mild-medium and medium-aggresive levels of razors.

I'd describe myself as a lazy shaver. I like to pick up a razor and click with it quickly. A few that I enjoy off the top of my head: Rex Ambassador (#2. 2.5), Colonial Generals (V1 and 2), Karve Brass SB-D, ATT S1

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
IMG_20210414_183213.jpg

Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx ++
Blade: ASCO Super Stainless (2)
Brush: AP Shave 24mm Cashmere
Soap: Cella Bio
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: LEA

Thanks to @p.b for the plate recommendation. The ++ was a much better shave. That said, I still prefer the Karve and my other razors. I'm grateful for the chance to try this razor but I won't be adding one to the den. It's packed and ready to head to @Tonyschin