Car Puncture Repair Costs

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Before I go scouring the internet, does anyone know a rough price for how much a tyre puncture repair costs? My wife's car has a slow leak. I can't see any damage to the tyre walls.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
In South Korea they do it for free, complementary service so that they win you as a future client...
Could not believe it the first time it happened to me.

So spoiled on some things when you return back to this continent after spending some few years in the Far East.
Apologies for hijacking the thread but I felt it is good to put the info out.

R181

Grumpy old man
You may also find that it is not the tire that is leaking but the bead or the valve stem. Alloy rims are known for that around here.

Bob

D

Deleted member 1881

A tenner here in Greece.
But be sure, to fix it with the "mushroom'" and not with the "string".

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyC

Patriot
Factory tires? They may fix it for free.

Replacement tires? Take it to where you bought the tires, they may fix it for free.

You may have gotten some sort of warranty either way.

I fix my own.

TobyC

Patriot
Before I go scouring the internet, does anyone know a rough price for how much a tyre puncture repair costs? My wife's car has a slow leak. I can't see any damage to the tyre walls.
Be careful, some repair guys will take you to the cleaners if you let them. New tire, balance, valve stem, 4 wheel alignment, "oh and by the way, you need brakes" etc.

TobyC

Patriot
I've found them to get more and more conservative on what they will and won't repair. Don't be surprised if they won't plug it and claim a new tyre is needed.
They have to cover their ass, there's predatory lawyers on every street corner.