Buying Schick Proline AC Blades From Japan in Bulk, between members

vartik

Veteran
I would like to kindly ask someone with full cartridge of P-30 to weight it on kitchen scale, just to be sure that my shipping calculations are correct.

vartik

Veteran
Great, that means that prices for shipping I gave you are correct. So, the last thing to solve for now is payment. Do you guys want me to make a money pool or you just send me the money via f&f ? It's 11,60 € or 10,50 GBP per pack for initial purchase. I will later let you know if any additional charges (customs) was imposed.

Ventastic

Veteran
I would think that there would be some currency conversion fee for our UK friends, meaning that a single payment would be better for them.

To me it makes no difference.

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
Great, that means that prices for shipping I gave you are correct. So, the last thing to solve for now is payment. Do you guys want me to make a money pool or you just send me the money via f&f ? It's 11,60 € or 10,50 GBP per pack for initial purchase. I will later let you know if any additional charges (customs) was imposed.
Can you do it through "Split a Bill" or create a pot on PayPal? Maybe you can read about them and decide what's better

vartik

Veteran
I certainly can. Those of you guys, that want to use the split the bill method, PM me your Paypal email addresses. Still, the only outcome is, that you send me money to odrer the blades. Do any of you have any doubts about this whole thing? I need feedback so do let me know 😉

Will-J

Legendary Member
Just received my carton of 10 packs of Proline P30 from Japan, below may be helpful if someone was considering a bulk order:

Ordered from eBay 20th July.
Shipping notification from eBay on 4th August.
Delivered 14th August.

Price paid including delivery £104, I received no VAT / import duty / RM fees etc. although there was an accurate CN20 form attached declaring the value honestly in JPY.

So for me in the end that worked out at £10.40 per pack of 30 blades, so ~35p per blade. Overall a fair bit cheaper than when I bought them from Connaught, but would likely have worked out about the same if I had been charged for VAT / import duty etc.

I do not know what the initial delay between me ordering and the seller actually shipping was for, but either way I'd say the overall delivery time is pretty reasonable given the current situation with posting things internationally.

vartik

Veteran
Just received my carton of 10 packs of Proline P30 from Japan, below may be helpful if someone was considering a bulk order:

Ordered from eBay 20th July.
Shipping notification from eBay on 4th August.
Delivered 14th August.

Price paid including delivery £104, I received no VAT / import duty / RM fees etc. although there was an accurate CN20 form attached declaring the value honestly in JPY.

So for me in the end that worked out at £10.40 per pack of 30 blades, so ~35p per blade. Overall a fair bit cheaper than when I bought them from Connaught, but would likely have worked out about the same if I had been charged for VAT / import duty etc.

I do not know what the initial delay between me ordering and the seller actually shipping was for, but either way I'd say the overall delivery time is pretty reasonable given the current situation with posting things internationally.
Did they ship it via DHL ?

vartik

Veteran
Damn...I asked them to NOT send it via DHL and they still did. That's why we were charged additional fees and customs. It's not the end of the world of course but it stinges a little ...