Bufflehead soap where and how to buy

Dule083

Forum GOD!
Hi, does anybody know where, or how I can buy Bufflehead soap. Did they still in bussynes anyway?

Last edited:

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
I have not heard anything about them/him being out of business but the last time BH release were back in February through Maggard. it was sold out in about a minute. Other than that he announces release info in his twitter and those are also sold out within minutes.

I like the scent and the performance of the one BH soap I have. But there are so many great soap bases these days that come in such a variety of scents, hunting for a BH soap, imo, is totally not worth it. Other than being hard to obtain, there isn’t anything unique/superior about it.

RandySp

Legendary Member
I have not heard anything about them/him being out of business but the last time BH release were back in February through Maggard. it was sold out in about a minute. Other than that he announces release info in his twitter and those are also sold out within minutes.

I like the scent and the performance of the one BH soap I have. But there are so many great soap bases these days that come in such a variety of scents, hunting for a BH soap, imo, is totally not worth it. Other than being hard to obtain, there isn’t anything unique/superior about it.
I was about to write the same thing for the Grooming Dept soap. A unicorn soap.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I was about to write the same thing for the Grooming Dept soap. A unicorn soap.
I have (had) both, among other ‘unicorn soap’s. You’re experiencing FOMO but it’s unwarranted. Your so-called ‘Kings’ will serve you just as well.

Bufflehead ‘drops’ very occasionally via very occasional direct sales - it’s not a priority in his life. I do have one of his soaps - it’s good - but I wouldn’t go out of my way to chase another. Grooming Dept now use distributors but, frankly, the fact that Mohammad seems to keep umpteen beta recipes on the go deadens my interest in his brand.

Last edited:

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
They are really Kings!!
I haven’t given Excelsior a whirl yet! I don’t really like Seville (I must be one of the few) and I’m not sure about Terror or Diamond. Lavanille would be the most likely purchase but I really ought to sample first. I may jump for one of the Maggards exclusives later this month.

Cologne Russe is probably my favourite B&M scent so far.

RandySp

Legendary Member
I haven’t given Excelsior a whirl yet! I don’t really like Seville (I must be one of the few) and I’m not sure about Terror or Diamond. Lavanille would be the most likely purchase but I really ought to sample first. I may jump for one of the Maggards exclusives later this month.

Cologne Russe is probably my favourite B&M scent so far.
Give it a swirl! I don't like very much the Seville scent either, but the performance is fantastic. THE slicknest soap in my den, slicker than Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk.

Le Grand Chypre has nice smell too, I smell something like Coca Cola though.

LaVanille is hit or miss. It paints the natural hair bristles permanently.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Give it a swirl! I don't like very much the Seville scent either, but the performance is fantastic. THE slicknest soap in my den, slicker than Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk.

Le Grand Chypre has nice smell too, I smell something like Coca Cola though.

LaVanille is hit or miss. It paints the natural hair bristles permanently.
I didn’t think much of LGC either. Wholly Kaw also have some hit-and-miss scents too!

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Yes, most of WK scents are terrible for me. The Merchant of Tobacco was really bad for me.
I’ve not tried that one! The ones I’ve enjoyed are: Italian Holiday, Fougère Bouquet and Chypre Rose Concerto - in that order. Like B&M, WK isn’t a confident ‘blind buy’. I maintain the same is true of DG/CL.

RandySp

Legendary Member
I’ve not tried that one! The ones I’ve enjoyed are: Italian Holiday, Fougère Bouquet and Chypre Rose Concerto - in that order. Like B&M, WK isn’t a confident ‘blind buy’. I maintain the same is true of DG/CL.
NO ,it's not. I have one DG/CL Taum Sauk Icarus on the road to Greece, I hope the scent to be OK, because the soap will be unusable.
I didn't notice that the SellOut was available before I place the order! I should have been more careful!

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
NO ,it's not. I have one DG/CL Taum Sauk Icarus on the road to Greece, I hope the scent to be OK, because the soap will be unusable.
I didn't notice that the SellOut was available before I place the order! I should have been more careful!
If you hate Taum Sauk, I’ll sort you out and buy it off you so you can go after that Aventus-mimicking muck!

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I have one Bufflehead Soap - far and away my favorite soap. Wide range of moisture needed for good lather and really excellent protection. Very neutral or natural face feel after shaving. I only use for new brushes or special occasions. Nice experience with my purchase from Bufflehead.

Worth looking for and also agree that many other good soaps out there.