Brushing Scam

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Quite funny this. Our neighbour has been receiving unsolicited parcels via Amazon everyday for nearly a week. All totally random, laser jet colour toner set, usb C Mac port, headband with Love written on it, outside light fitting, tattoo make up conceal kit. All not paid for by her, none coming through her account. To be safe she removed her card details and rang Amazon. Amazon just tell her to keep the goods, so she’s stopped even notifying them now. It’s to the point Now where she waits for the van and we wait to see what today’s freebie surprise is.

Anyone else had this ?

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Someone is probably using a stolen credit card to buy stuff and have it sent to your house. Their original plan was probably to watch for the delivery and then take the package off your front stoop. I've heard of this done in urban areas near me. Clearly you've been beating them to the punch. You might want to let the delivery get made and then leave it out there but watch the street. Then when you see someone strange pull up and start walking up to your house, quickly open the door, take the package, look up and say "Thanks for the stuff!"

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Someone is probably using a stolen credit card to buy stuff and have it sent to your house. Their original plan was probably to watch for the delivery and then take the package off your front stoop. I've heard of this done in urban areas near me. Clearly you've been beating them to the punch. You might want to let the delivery get made and then leave it out there but watch the street. Then when you see someone strange pull up and start walking up to your house, quickly open the door, take the package, look up and say "Thanks for the stuff!"
I’ll tell her that. The most valuable were the ink carts at £60 a set, which she is selling locally. Todays outside lamp £30, the USB C adaptor £20. She is always in and in the U.K. is very unusual for them to leave things on the door step.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
A while back, well during lockdown but it's a bit of a blur as to exactly when, I ordered myself a set of new wireless headphones from Amazon. I get an email telling the delivery was due Wednesday. Tuesday morning the postie knocks on the door and hands me an Amazon parcel, I think sweet they've arrived early. 24 hours later, the postie knocks on the door and hands me an identical Amazon parcel to the one I'd received the previous day, which had another set of the ordered headphones in it. I was only billed for one set and don't have a Prime account...
Unsolicited and legally yours!

D

Deleted member 1881

I still hope to receive some random Wolfman razor and Panama Boellis soap.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Another odd one here a friend just contacted me about.

In the post today she has received a letter asking her to get tested for food allergies and intolerances. Along with a printed sheet of paper from TrustPilot for a company called Yorktest. Accompanied by £300 in £20 notes in a CD case. It’s from someone who’s concerned over her health. I feel it’s some sort of scam but a google reveals nothing like it. She’s divorced living with her two kids and a little worried about it. My advice was to get the money checked for forgery and if it’s ok keep it. Think she is reporting it on 101, getting £300 in the post is a concern in my opinion too.

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Another odd one here a friend just contacted me about.

In the post today she has received a letter asking her to get tested for food allergies and intolerances. Along with a printed sheet of paper from TrustPilot for a company called Yorktest. Accompanied by £300 in £20 notes in a CD case. It’s from someone who’s concerned over her health. I feel it’s some sort of scam but a google reveals nothing like it. She’s divorced living with her two kids and a little worried about it. My advice was to get the money checked for forgery and if it’s ok keep it. Think she is reporting it on 101, getting £300 in the post is a concern in my opinion too.
I agree. It sounds like a prepping for bigger scam.