Bristol

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Anyone from Bristol ?

I’m going up tomorrow for a gig at the Amphitheatre. BUT ! I’ve just seen all the protest stuff ! Looks like it will be murder. We have a room booked in Premier Inn, slap bang in the middle of the protests. I have booked parking, but again slap bang in that area.

Anyone from Bristol with any useful suggestions ? Not coming isn’t an option ! Anywhere safe to park overnight, close enough to get in to the centre easily ?

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Mrs Northam had a thought !!! She was of course right. TRAIN ! Would of cost use £50 in fuel but £82 on the train. We can sit, chat, read etc, no hassle just have to fight our way through the protesters! Even managed to get half the pre booked parking back !

Boycie83

Über Member
If, for whatever reason, you do need to drive up, the NCP car park by the Premier Inn is secure - it's the other side of the Bearpit to the hotel (if it's the one I'm thinking of).

I wouldn't worry too much about the protests. Bristol has always had a divergent vibe to it which is half its charm. I don't live there but spend time there occasionally for work.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
If, for whatever reason, you do need to drive up, the NCP car park by the Premier Inn is secure - it's the other side of the Bearpit to the hotel (if it's the one I'm thinking of).

I wouldn't worry too much about the protests. Bristol has always had a divergent vibe to it which is half its charm. I don't live there but spend time there occasionally for work.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your help.

I did have parking booked but I cancelled it and they are refunding half, thought I’d loss the lot so I am happy. Booked train now, little more than diesel but a lot less hassle.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
We did walk past some protesters, typical drop out traveler types and old women. They tried to give me a leaflet I politely refused and thanked a Police Office for putting up with a crap job. Yes somethings need to be done about climate change. But blocking up roads and causing congestion adds to the carbon in the air and just made for five days of increased pollution.