Shaving Boar
Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Vulfix 404 Badger/Horse
Soap: Razorock Nervous Wreck
Razor: Bigelow-Parkin (on loan)
Blade: Polsilver Łódź
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Razorock American Barber ASL

IMG_20181119_102345.jpg

I'm sorry to wave goodbye to this fun and efficient little razor.
Thanks for the experience Andreas.
Pass me your details please Lee (@Rowlers) and I'll get it off to you.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
First shave in the bag. It had its work cut out this little razor. No shave since Thursday.
It is such a surprisingly efficient and smooth little razor that it must be tried to be believed!
My only issue was that it kept slipping in my fingers, maybe some alum on my thumb and forefinger would help, but I don;t have it with me. However, after 2 very easy passes I have a really close shave. Not the closest ever, but I didn't even try to be honest.
Shocked as to how good it is.
Thanks @sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
First shave in the bag. It had its work cut out this little razor. No shave since Thursday.
It is such a surprisingly efficient and smooth little razor that it must be tried to be believed!
My only issue was that it kept slipping in my fingers, maybe some alum on my thumb and forefinger would help, but I don;t have it with me. However, after 2 very easy passes I have a really close shave. Not the closest ever, but I didn't even try to be honest.
Shocked as to how good it is.
Thanks @sɐǝɹpu∀
Good, innit?
Are the balls of thumb and finger inside the star-shaped holes? That should prevent any slipping.

Last edited:

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I've managed to get one shave in with this razor so far (I've had two pass-around razors arrive at the same time), and it has proven to be a very interesting design.

The teeth feel quite sharp to me and I did notice this in the shave if the angle wasn't spot on. I found it difficult to get the correct angle at first (the handle feels more comfortable at a 90 degree angle to the face - this is, of course, an impossible angle to shave with).

As the shave progressed I was able to find the correct angle more easily apply a much lighter touch; the razor responded to this quite nicely. I must say that this is not an intuitive razor to shave with and I can see that less experienced shavers would potentially have a steep learning curve ahead of them if this were the first DE razor they tried to shave with.

I'll aim to get a couple of more shaves in by the end of the week and get the razor sent on to the next person at the weekend. :)

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I’ve had my final shave with this razor today and must say that I’ve really enjoyed using it.

It’s definitely the case that the more familiar I’ve become with the handle mechanism the better the shave has been.

Many thanks to Andreas for organising this pass-around. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk