Best fresh scents

pearse85

Forum GOD!
loving the chanel allure atm, very fresh, great in the summer.

Dior sauvage i find similar but not nearly as nice.

In the past i also like carolina herrera 212.

So what fresh scents are you using or find similar to the above?

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Allure is decent enough but a world apart from Sauvage in my opinion. I don't tend much towards fresh scents but if you look on tomscreeddecants (do a quick google search) and grab yourself a little bit of Creed Green Irish Tweed you'll understand where niche fresh scents typically stand. Similarly, Acqua di Parma's Colonia range are great, especially Colonia Essenza in my opinion.
Perhaps try Chanel Allure Homme Sport? It's got a ramped up lemon versus the fragrance you're familiar with.
Also perhaps worth trying is the new Mont Blanc Explorer - it's a similar scent to Creed's Aventus (not the same, but similar) with some extra sweetness and a little bit of a Sauvage feel (again not much but a little bit of a resemblance). It's woody and fresh and quite nice given it was recently on sale for £34/100mL.
If you were to pop into a Debenhams, they might have some of the Ermenegildo Zegna fragrances around - Mediterranean Neroli is a nice one for a fresh take as is Sicilian Mandarin.
Lastly, another easy to find one is Guerlain Habit Rouge. That's a nice one with a bit of an upmarket feel to it.

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Allure is decent enough but a world apart from Sauvage in my opinion. I don't tend much towards fresh scents but if you look on tomscreeddecants (do a quick google search) and grab yourself a little bit of Creed Green Irish Tweed you'll understand where niche fresh scents typically stand. Similarly, Acqua di Parma's Colonia range are great, especially Colonia Essenza in my opinion.
Perhaps try Chanel Allure Homme Sport? It's got a ramped up lemon versus the fragrance you're familiar with.
Also perhaps worth trying is the new Mont Blanc Explorer - it's a similar scent to Creed's Aventus (not the same, but similar) with some extra sweetness and a little bit of a Sauvage feel (again not much but a little bit of a resemblance). It's woody and fresh and quite nice given it was recently on sale for £34/100mL.
If you were to pop into a Debenhams, they might have some of the Ermenegildo Zegna fragrances around - Mediterranean Neroli is a nice one for a fresh take as is Sicilian Mandarin.
Lastly, another easy to find one is Guerlain Habit Rouge. That's a nice one with a bit of an upmarket feel to it.
Sorry its the homme sport im using.

Another "Cheapie" which smells fresh and clean with a refined sweetness is James Bronnley Original. Used it a couple of days ago. Very nice! It gets compared to Floris Jermyn street and Montblanc Individual.

Dr Watson

James
Another "Cheapie" which smells fresh and clean with a refined sweetness is James Bronnley Original. Used it a couple of days ago. Very nice! It gets compared to Floris Jermyn street and Montblanc Individual.
It is very similar to Montblanc, far too sweet for me to wear unfortunately so had to move it on. Sadly not like Jermyn Street at all to my nose (had a sample of that from Rob @Blackmass) which is a nice barbershop scent but awful longevity for an EDP.