Best European shaving creams

D

Deleted member 1881

How does the single blade Proraso cream compare to the regular green/red/blue/white Proraso? Do you think there is a big difference? I am curious to try it.
The difference is in the density of the lather and in slickness. I have the Cypress Vetyver.

mar

Forum GOD!
Weirdly no one mentioned TOBS yet. The two creams I used so far is Proraso white and TOBS Jermyn St and honestly I found TOBS not slick as Proraso, and after the razor passes over, there is not residual slickness either . I don’t understand how this is in the top selections of all websites. Perhaps other TOBS scents perform better and I was just unlucky to select that one. Although I must admit the smell is heavenly

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
What are your top European shaving creams? Can any of them beat the performance of the best soap?
Always surprises me to see that Xpec has a following in Europe when a reformulation done several years ago killed it's popularity in North America.

Bob
Hi there to Bob first and next the OP,

You may be right about the last XPEC cream version and what it caused in Yankeeland. It was an interesting marketing system that company used, without going into a longer even more verbose post. No idea if it's available now or not....the latest version of course. Having tried that latest incarnation and the previous one there was a difference between em.

And, to the OP: The earlier XPEC version went extinct around 2014-15 and yes, it performed for me like a top soap.

Martin

R181

Grumpy old man
Hi there to Bob first and next the OP,

You may be right about the last XPEC cream version and what it caused in Yankeeland. It was an interesting marketing system that company used, without going into a longer even more verbose post. No idea if it's available now or not....the latest version of course. Having tried that latest incarnation and the previous one there was a difference between em.

And, to the OP: The earlier XPEC version went extinct around 2014-15 and yes, it performed for me like a top soap.

Martin
I'd like to point out that we are not all Yankees this side of the pond in North America. :) Yes, in comparison to the original Xpec that people had used over here the new version got severely beat up. I don't think it had anything to do with the marketing system.

Bob

R181

Grumpy old man
I normally use shaving soap, and quite happy with that, I had a first shave today with Palmolive Shave Cream, cannot believe how good that product is. I knew I was in for a good shave when I noticed how slippery the razor handle had become.
Palmolive was one of the first shaving creams I started shaving with 50 years ago. It is still as good now after having tried it again recently. I think it is very under rated.

Bob

D

Deleted member 1881

I would say: Palmolive, Lea, Arko, SuperMax et al, no bragging rights but good for shaving
Randy has all these 4 products for a reason. But I am obsessed with the artisans.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1881

Very ,very pleasantly surprised by Hawkins&Brimble ,bought 1 on a sale ( 70%) , came back the same day and bought all remaining 12 ( and 6 after and pre-shaves + 1 brush )
How is the pre shave?

basileusss

After 2 months of using it i'd say is much more than a "pre-shave" : it clean the face /moisturizing it / rising the hair .Personal wife used it as scrub till i caught her, she said is the best ( and she use some expensive horrible female stuff).