Best European shaving creams

mar

Forum GOD!
most topics for best creams are full of USA creams that are all unavailable in my country, and have customs charges if I order them online. What are your top European shaving creams? Can any of them beat the performance of the best soap?

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Both Trumper and T&H creams are excellent performers. Alvarez Gomez Agua De Colonia Barberia cream is superb and smells fantastic. Executive Shaving creams are also excellent. There's then a number of lower cost options that also perform well:
Nivea Men Original
Speick
LEA
La Toja
Creightons
Body Shop Maca Root (I know, I know)
Palmolive

Can any of them beat the performance of the best soap?
Subjective - what's the true difference between good soaps or creams? Very marginal. You can have an enjoyable shave from the items above as you can a top-tier US artisan soap.

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
another few I would add and I am not sure if qualifies as cream as it is described as paste.

Meißner Tremonia. they also make a soap which I have no experience of.
Noberu again is either soft soap or firm cream
Extra - I haven't tried them all but the couple I have tried were good.

R181

Grumpy old man
A couple of more for the list, Omega and Musgo Real. Almost forgot Proraso.

I really don't generally use the term best in regards to shaving items as it is subjective opinion. All I will say is that most shave creams and soaps that I have tried will allow me a close and comfortable shave. There have been the odd exceptions though as there are with anything. The only real difference between shaving creams and shaving soaps for me is that shaving creams are generally easier for a beginner to produce a good lather with.

Bob

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
+1 for Proraso, easily available in most European countries, affordable and really nice quality. I also like Tabac shaving cream, though the scent seems to divide people.

S

Steve Bowles

I'm going to put in a word for our "local". The Executive Shaving Creams are top-notch. The same consistency as T&H 1805. Musgo Real creams are also hard to beat.

D

Deleted member 1881

Both Trumper and T&H creams are excellent performers. Alvarez Gomez Agua De Colonia Barberia cream is superb and smells fantastic. Executive Shaving creams are also excellent. There's then a number of lower cost options that also perform well:
Nivea Men Original
Speick
LEA
La Toja
Creightons
Body Shop Maca Root (I know, I know)
Palmolive

Subjective - what's the true difference between good soaps or creams? Very marginal. You can have an enjoyable shave from the items above as you can a top-tier US artisan soap.
Thumbs up for all the creams I must try Creightons as well.

LEA Mentolada is ice slick with a very dense lather. A winner for me. The smell is fantastic.

D

Deleted member 1881

I know it's not the best, but Proraso Single Blade performs really nice.

I must get an Azur Lime 275gr tube.

Also Vitos Classica with hydrogenated tallow performs like a champ. Highly quality cream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
I know it's not the best, but Proraso Single Blade performs really nice.

I must get an Azur Lime 275gr tube.
How does the single blade Proraso cream compare to the regular green/red/blue/white Proraso? Do you think there is a big difference? I am curious to try it.