Best aftershave splashes

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Purely on a whim the other day I picked up a small bottle of Aqua Velva Musk. I haven’t used it in years, but I am a regular user of Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue aftershave and enjoy it. As you don’t see Musk frequently, I thought it worth a punt, and I must say that I wasn’t disappointed. The Musk, along with the Classic Ice Blue, will make a nice change of pace from my usual “more upscale” aftershaves from Harris, TOBS, etc. They’re both as cheap as chips, but get the job done exceedingly well.:cheers:

R181

Grumpy old man
Purely on a whim the other day I picked up a small bottle of Aqua Velva Musk. I haven’t used it in years, but I am a regular user of Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue aftershave and enjoy it. As you don’t see Musk frequently, I thought it worth a punt, and I must say that I wasn’t disappointed. The Musk, along with the Classic Ice Blue, will make a nice change of pace from my usual “more upscale” aftershaves from Harris, TOBS, etc. They’re both as cheap as chips, but get the job done exceedingly well.:cheers:
Yes, those two along with AV Original Sport are my go-to aftershaves. They were good enough when I started shaving over a 1/2 century ago and are still good enough now. Yes, I am a cheap SOB. I'll squeeze a nickel till the beaver takes a crap. :)

Bob

Last edited:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Yes, those two along with AV Original Sport are my go-to aftershaves. They were good enough when I started shaving over a 1/2 decade ago and are still good enough now. Yes, I am a cheap SOB. I'll squeeze a nickel till the beaver takes a crap. :)

Bob
I think you mean 1/2 century ago, like me.:cool:

bartje-p

Forum GOD!
Speick, Pitralon and Williams Aqua Velva are my best. Sir Irisch Moos comes after that. I also have Tabac, but wouldn't buy that one again.

jimshave 101

I've been doing Old Spice almost exclusively since I shaved my beard and came back to shaving. Classic scent.

I see Aqua Velva is still pretty popular too. I might have to try it. It's been many years since I've smelled that scent!