BBQ appreciation thread.

MPH

Forum GOD!
Ok, someone had to......

This lock down is doing nothing for my wasteline! The BBQ has been on 4 times in the last week! Homemade burgers, homemade kofte kebabs (sort of), sausages, fish.... Nom nom nom.

Now we're all cleaned and prepped for a rotisserie pork joint today.... The nearest thing you'll get to a hog roast.... Other than a hog roast!

So.... When you all popping over? There's enough for everyone!!!! Lol

IMG_20200412_123155718_HDR.jpg

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Ok, someone had to......

This lock down is doing nothing for my wasteline! The BBQ has been on 4 times in the last week! Homemade burgers, homemade kofte kebabs (sort of), sausages, fish.... Nom nom nom.

Now we're all cleaned and prepped for a rotisserie pork joint today.... The nearest thing you'll get to a hog roast.... Other than a hog roast!

So.... When you all popping over? There's enough for everyone!!!! Lol

View attachment 66264
When you’re sitting down to eat Zoom us and will vicariously enjoy your joint.:hungry:

Reactions: MPH

halvor

a most elusive fish
7A3DC36A-CD45-427B-A4C9-F2EDEC255104.jpeg

Spatchcock(?) on for tonight. I’ll probably burn for this later (or the chicken, more precisely, or literally), but since I had a batch of well seasoned duck fat, I used that in place of oil in a marinade slash seasoning with garlic, herbs, lemon zest and juice, plus s/p.

Now what to serve with it? Have some chopped kale in the fridge. Broccoli. Ginger, lemon. That ought to do, in some form or way. And a bake-off sourdough baguette?

edit: underway
9DE93A0B-DC73-403F-BD69-DA18180F8E1F.jpeg

Flipped
5DB388B6-842E-4AE3-97B9-8CDE0D62A4E2.jpeg

and resting, ready to serve
77771519-4DB7-4936-9632-070DED39A1B3.jpeg

Last edited:

MPH

Forum GOD!
View attachment 69643
Spatchcock(?) on for tonight. I’ll probably burn for this later (or the chicken, more precisely, or literally), but since I had a batch of well seasoned duck fat, I used that in place of oil in a marinade slash seasoning with garlic, herbs, lemon zest and juice, plus s/p.

Now what to serve with it? Have some chopped kale in the fridge. Broccoli. Ginger, lemon. That ought to do, in some form or way. And a bake-off sourdough baguette?

edit: underway
View attachment 69644
Flipped
View attachment 69646
and resting, ready to serve
View attachment 69647
Did it taste as good as it looks?

My BBQs have been getting a good work out during lockdown! We smoked some salmon on my portable webber a couple of days ago that was lovely! :)

IMG_20200531_180559317.jpg

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
We had a cracking "Socially Distanced" BBQ on Sunday, with my parents. Got the charcoal out for the first in years. Great to cook on, I had forgotten how good it is. Just the faf of getting it going...
Sausages, burgers, pork loin, chicken kebabs and sirloin steak. Roasted Jersey potatoes, garlic mushroom, balsamic beef tomatoes and salad.
Yum, Yum...

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Not eeeexactly a barbecue, but work had an old Lotusgrill kicking around. Hasn't been used in around 3 years and the fan had 'packed in', so I asked whether I could have it. Gladly received it and set about fixing it, the fan blades were sat squiff... pushed back into place and it works again! Bargain.
Far less faff than a regular sized barbecue, disassembles to clean the individual parts. Uses very little coal and is more than big enough for just us two. Priming time is around 5 minutes. Chuck some butchers' meat on there and you're laughing. It's double-walled also so it the outside stays just cool enough to move it around while it's going, should you need to.

R181

Grumpy old man
Finally gave in to the bosses not so subtle hints that she wanted a BBQ. Got it assembled today and just need to season the grills before use. Looking forward to seeing what she can do with it. :D

Bob

MPH

Forum GOD!
Not eeeexactly a barbecue, but work had an old Lotusgrill kicking around. Hasn't been used in around 3 years and the fan had 'packed in', so I asked whether I could have it. Gladly received it and set about fixing it, the fan blades were sat squiff... pushed back into place and it works again! Bargain.
Far less faff than a regular sized barbecue, disassembles to clean the individual parts. Uses very little coal and is more than big enough for just us two. Priming time is around 5 minutes. Chuck some butchers' meat on there and you're laughing. It's double-walled also so it the outside stays just cool enough to move it around while it's going, should you need to.

Never heard of a lotus grill.... Looks useful!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member

And off he goes to look for Lotus Grills!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Finally gave in to the bosses not so subtle hints that she wanted a BBQ. Got it assembled today and just need to season the grills before use. Looking forward to seeing what she can do with it. :D

Bob
Cast Iron grills? Great for cooking on, but OMG such a ball ache to maintain.... And when the grill is opened up for the first use of the season, all the rust, the rust! :cry::cry: