BBQ appreciation thread.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
The thought of a kebab burger never occurred to me. When I was growing up very few people I knew ate lamb of any kind never mind BBQed.

Bob
It works pretty well, no complaints as yet, just need to make sure the spices don't overpower the flavour of the lamb and that the meat has plenty of salt.

MPH

Forum GOD!
I quite like a kebab burger hand formed. Lean lamb mince mixed with onion, chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander, mint and lemon paste. This was from a couple of weeks back, still in the early stages of cooking. Obviously works well as a kebab too.
View attachment 70112
We've done similar, and often rolled them up as a sausage shape. I have had issues with them becoming too crumbly though, I don't know why???

I've never tried lemon paste... I'll try and find some. :)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
We've done similar, and often rolled them up as a sausage shape. I have had issues with them becoming too crumbly though, I don't know why???

I've never tried lemon paste... I'll try and find some. :)
The way to stop the crumbly issue is to mix the lamb very well at the start and when forming the patty use water as well as wetting your hands. The water along with the paste binds everything perfectly. No need for any egg. Also make sure you use coriander shoots as well as the leaves but they must be blended well.

Last edited:
Reactions: MPH