Baseball Comes To London Stadium

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
It's not a girlie game when the ball is coming at you at 102 mph. If Brits have made it into a girlie game, then they've truly made it British. :eek: I tried playing rugby in the 70s, and I kept thinking that being tackled and pummelled while not wearing pads wasn't masculine, it was stupid. More players are paralyzed by neck injuries in the scrum than in any other sport -- including boxing.
Good friend of mine was injured when a scrum collapsed. Told he would never walk again but defied the odds. Walks with a stick and a bad limp.

Lads at College play and are always picking up injuries and concussions.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Good friend of mine was injured when a scrum collapsed. Told he would never walk again but defied the odds. Walks with a stick and a bad limp.

Lads at College play and are always picking up injuries and concussions.
Yep I had more than my fair share

Years ago when in New York I went to see the NY Mets play the LA Dodgers (formerly the Brooklyn Dodgers) .
The highlight was hearing the crowd shout abuse at Manny Ramirez for using performance enhancing drugs. He was so annoyed he actually broke his bat on the second pitch..I have never seen anyone hit a ball that hard. Safe to say the Mets lost and Ramirez (who was also accused of being out of shape) played brilliantly with a lot of fire and anger.
Very cool to be there and a real experience..however I was unable to get used to the multiple food breaks..
I'll stick to my "Bovril" and Pies at half time I suppose.
Away at Lincoln first game of the pre season..Baseball doesn't have glamour like being away at Sincil Bank! :laugh:

S

Steve Bowles

IT IS a Brit game check your history. We played it first. Yanks, pah! Think they invented everything.
We didn't invent everything. We just perfected it (and then copyrighted it).

R181

Grumpy old man
Guys, think how we feel at times living next door. After a while you get used to it and don't hear it anymore.

Bob

S

Steve Bowles

Guys, think how we feel at times living next door. After a while you get used to it and don't hear it anymore.

Bob
Aren't you happy that you live next door to someone who owns a gun (and bullets), so you don't have to?