August 2020 Acquisitions

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
David, I was referring to the first ETHOS release as"Dragonsbead" which was also his forum handle. For the purpose he never listed the scent notes but it was a very classy and suavely masculine Oud and Rose combination. I have never used Manual's soaps so far but Franks's Dragonsbeard get my high-5 for using pure scenting ingredients. Am sure you will like the base on Lavender sample. It kind of feels 'light weight' and gets the job done without greasy post shave.
Finally got a chance to use the sample of ETHOS Lavender that Alex sent me. Scent is lovely without being overbearing and it lathers extremely easily. Soap has the ability to absorb a lot of water. Slickness is there in abundance, too. But, this soap has two negatives for me. Firstly, it's quite a soft soap. It was pretty gooey trying to get the sample in to a bowl. I thought it had possibly softened in the heat, but I've been told it is quite soft. Secondly, the post-shave. I don't find it as nourishing as some and certainly not in the same class as the latest Eufros base.
I'm glad I've had the opportunity to try before committing to a full tub and AS. I won't be buying.

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Finally got a chance to use the sample of ETHOS Lavender that Alex sent me. Scent is lovely without being overbearing and it lathers extremely easily. Soap has the ability to absorb a lot of water. Slickness is there in abundance, too. But, this soap has two negatives for me. Firstly, it's quite a soft soap. It was pretty gooey trying to get the sample in to a bowl. I thought it had possibly softened in the heat, but I've been told it is quite soft. Secondly, the post-shave. I don't find it as nourishing as some and certainly not in the same class as the latest Eufros base.
I'm glad I've had the opportunity to try before committing to a full tub and AS. I won't be buying.
That's a bummer. First release was 'artisan firm' if that make sense but not gooey. Frankly I haven't been keeping tabs on latest development but it is a possibility that frank succumbed to super-fatting fad prevalent across the pond.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
That's a bummer. First release was 'artisan firm' if that make sense but not gooey. Frankly I haven't been keeping tabs on latest development but it is a possibility that frank succumbed to super-fatting fad prevalent across the pond.
I've not seen an ingredients list for this soap, Raj. I believe the new website is going live this week, so can look then.
This was the soap, this morning.

Screenshot_20200804_150907.jpg

Rasorium

Legendary Member
No time for a shave (again!) today as I has to do the shopping, it was my turn to cook, set the tent up in the back garden for the kids, marinated some chicken for tomorrow and I’m officially starting to look like a homeless person. Well the excellent Wickham face soaps showed up today so that’s a plus 😁
775FF327-3A52-4191-B915-18950A00EC38.jpeg