Attar عطار

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Just bought and received the following from Perfume Parlour:

Goochi Intense Oudh For Men (Gucci)
R-Mani Oudh Royal For Men (Armani)
Colonial Intense Oudh For Men (ADP copy)
Interloode For Men (Amouage)
Epicz For Men (Amouage)
Arab Wood For Men (Arabian Wood)

All these attars are wonderful. Usually I find a couple or at least one that I don't enjoy but I can't complain about any. The Amouage Epic Man copy is very close, slightly more of an aqua note and fast wearing spice from the black pepper. However a very close match and lovely blend in itself. The Armani and Gucci ouds are gorgeous too. The latter i ordered as a large roll on having used a smaller vial previously. It also mixes well with others. Arabian wood is also tasty, a lighter vibe. Interlude is a little too hard boiled sweet initially but opens up.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
First goes with the attars this weekend.

Al Haramain Sultan. A nice fruity scent. Quite long lasting even in the heat. I got similar notes to Wickham classic 24 at times.

Al Haramain Najdah. A quite floral scent, I quite liked it. Not quite as long lasting but I did have a decent walk in today's lovely sunshine.

Will be trying Al Haramain Oudi tomorrow.

I'm quite impressed with these, might have to try a few more.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Had a quick go with Al Haramain Oudi. Certainly a stronger scent than the other 2 I received. Hard to describe the scent, very woody almost hints of vanilla. I'm sure there's a little floral in there trying to get out.

DeeCee

Dan
Curious about these...…. so much so that i'm on Perfume Parlour as we speak...… so many choices!!
Are there any that you guys would recommend, or completely disregard? Looking at some oud ones and anything suited for the winter months

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Tom Ford Oud wood
Royal oud (Creed I think)
Givenchy blue (not really Oud)
Amouage epicz man

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thanks @Nishy
Will investigate further..... This could be a whole new rabbit hole to jump down!
It does get that way, I think I'm around 40 and counting of small attars. And a few large bottles bought for me from Dubai. Tom Ford Oud Woodies is my favourite from Perfume Parlour, definitely worth trying out.

guy1307

Forum GOD!
I recently purchased 8 12ml sprays from Perfume Parlour and Oud Woodies was one of them. I agree that it is a very nice scent. Also de Versace Oud Noir is a favourite

DeeCee

Dan
I have received my first order from Perfume Parlour today...... 6 3ml roll ons. I must say that I'm impressed thus far. I went with R-Mani Oudh Royal for work and it's very nice - I'm not familiar with the original so don't know if it is a close match or not.
I see that you are supposed to rub this onto your pulse points, I went with both wrists. Do you guys do anything different? Wasn't sure about neck, as this may lead to irritation.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have received my first order from Perfume Parlour today...... 6 3ml roll ons. I must say that I'm impressed thus far. I went with R-Mani Oudh Royal for work and it's very nice - I'm not familiar with the original so don't know if it is a close match or not.
I see that you are supposed to rub this onto your pulse points, I went with both wrists. Do you guys do anything different? Wasn't sure about neck, as this may lead to irritation.
Wrists and neck, just a little rubbed in. That's my routine.

Bbbbob71

Forum GOD!
Here's a tip ...

Needs somewhere to store your attar bottles? I'll assume you've a growing collection of 3ml bottles.

Pop onto eBay and buy in some business card cases. You know, plastic cases with lids. These store 15 (3x5 rows) bottles just perfectly. Get the taller ones and you can lie down a further 5 on top.

(Added to the top post)
Just hopping on this bandwagon.
Sound delicious!
Just ordered a handful of scents. :D
(Shame I'll have to wait 3 weeks to try them, as I go back to work tomorrow! :facepalm:)
Anyway, do you have a link to the business card cases @pjgh ?
I had a look and there's too many to choose from, including different sizes.
TIA

PS: Yup, I think whoever said this is a rabbit's hole is spot on! Lol.:laugh:

Bbbbob71

Forum GOD!
Keeping this deserved thread going.
I've had my selection of attars for around a month now and have been thoroughly impressed!
Bought some designer style fragrances and some more traditional Arabic scents, all 3ml roller type dispenser bottles.
Most of the ones I purchased have already been highlighted in this thread, so I won't detail each fragrance.
The designer style fragrances have not disappointed.
From Tom Ford, Creed and more popular high street names, these oils have great scent, intimate projection and all day longevity.
I have been wearing "Creed Aventus" for the last 3 weeks, which is nigh on indistinguishable from the real stuff and hardly made a dent in the bottle.
A little really does go a long way.
I have also enjoyed experimenting with the Arabic flavour of scents.
Some may not exactly be familiar to the European nose or style of fragrance, but they are an opportunity of discovery.
Personally, I pick out a random bottle and apply before bed.
It gives the oil time to dry out and blend with the skin, giving off an aroma all night. You can truly appreciate the nuances throughout the night.
Of particular mention are the single note attars Frankincense and Myrrh, which blend together and result in an amazing, deep, changing, heady delight.
Also Ambergris, which is basically whale vomit. And smells like it! Haha. :headshake:
So, if you're looking for a cheap (but comparable) alternative to expensive designer labels, I honestly recommend a delve into attar perfumes.
Special mention to @pjgh for the introduction to hidden gems! :thumbsup: