ATT Windsor Pro...

New razor from Above the Tie... The "Windsor Pro".

Available in SS and Aluminium it seems to me they've just merged the "Classic" with the "Windsor".
Not a particularly exciting or innovative release from ATT but that's just my 2p.

The Classics are great razors so this is meant to be the best of the Classic and Windsor in one AFAIK.
Fill yer boots lads.

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
Really enjoyed my copper Windsor but with Stan leaving I am disappointed in the new direction.
Absolutely. Paying top dollar for razors built in China is not the direction I imagined ATT would be going. No matter how good the quality is, Made in China will not be the same as Made in USA. I'm sure they will hide it with Assembled in USA.... what assembly are they talking about? Screwing a handle and put it in a box :giggle:

Last edited:

Dave-the-rave

Forum GOD!
Gorra love this readers comment....

''If you don’t make it in the USA 💧with100% parts and assembly not only will I not continue to buy from you I will send the razors I’ve purchased back to you and ask for a refund. It’s not negotiable.''

What a spud.

Sausage

Forum GOD!

''If you don’t make it in the USA 💧with100% parts and assembly not only will I not continue to buy from you I will send the razors I’ve purchased back to you and ask for a refund. It’s not negotiable.''

What a spud.
Oh Mr Trump uses ATT razors 🤔

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan

What a spud.
The hangup over the “assembly” cracks me up. Imagine if they made the parts here and then sent them to China to screw on the handle.

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
Assembled in the USA stamped on the underside of the baseplate does not have the same ring about it!
A real shame to see this and I fear ATT will regret this move to overseas production. :) P.
Absolutely, would you buy a Rolex "Assembled in Switzerland"?
Or a Swiss Army knife to maintain proportions.

There are certain things that the Chinese manufacturing is yet to accomplish and it's that pride people get to own something of prestige, like a Rolex watch. I can't think of a single item made in China that does that, much more the opposite.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
TBH I don't care where it's made. I don't think the comparison to a Rolex is a fair one as there you're not buying a watch, you're buying a Rolex watch. It matters not if it's less accurate than a quartz Casio, it's a Rolex, it's made in Switzerland by watchmakers who laboured as apprentices for decades and there's a certain romance associated with the brand. Plus Sean Connery wore one as James Bond.

This is a razor, it's three pieces of nicely-finished steel and the Chinese are capable of extremely high standards of production just like anywhere else. I could understand it if they'd previously been made by Stan by hand on a lathe in his shed but AFAIK he outsourced the work to a machine shop, all that's changed is that it's being outsourced to a different one.