ATG is growing, Vendor & Member Info & Discussion

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi chaps as ATG is growing we are requiring more space and time to take care of our member needs.

I don't pay any of the mods anything for their help it is completely free and almost all revenue (at least 95%) goes towards our server and domain fees. We could have cheaper server costs but it would require a lot more time from the mods (most of us don't even have coding etc knowledge) and once again they are working for free so this is not fair. This is why I emphasise my gratitude towards the mods as without their help we wouldn't be here.

So in light of this I have negotiated with Shavemac that any future group buys will involve a 10% fee of total sales going to ATG to help maintain running costs (mainly storage). I will also be making this mandatory for all future group buys or LE sales facilitated through ATG from today, for any vendor. This protects us against rising domain/server costs/storage needs or a drop in ad revenue.

By making it applicable to all it is fair to all. If it isn't something a vendor can comply with then that sale cannot be facilitated through ATG. We will end up (as is the case this year) facing a loss which I have to pay for. In advance please don't send me any money and thank you for any offers but it's not something I will accept :)

I wanted to be as transparent and fair as possible so wanted this message to be public. I also would love to see this website grow as I'm passionate about the hobby as well as the friendships I've made.

Yours Kindly,
Avnish

D

Deleted member 2076

In advance please don't send me any money and thank you for any offers but it's not something I will accept :)
That's very honourable of you, Avnish, but you shouldering this alone is something that probably the majority of us users can't accept :p:

Most of us here spend big time on shaving stuff, so I think most guys would be glad to send some GBP/USD/EUR your way.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thank you but no need really. This was the first year we didn't cover ourselves and it was a very small amount. Also my fault as I didn't realise till late that Google ads hadn't been incorporated. Anyway long story short; member participation is the only support we need.

One last thing my photo of the day pics (holiday) was entirely funded by my lovely parents I really am not loaded in case that thought crossed a few minds :)

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Thank you but no need really. This was the first year we didn't cover ourselves and it was a very small amount. Also our fault as I didn't realise till late that Google ads hadn't been incorporated. Anyway long story short member participation is the only support we need.

One last thing my photo of the day pics (holiday) was entirely funded by my lovely parents I really am not loaded in case that thought crossed a few minds :)
I could do with a holiday :)

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
@Nishy is the 10% fee locked into the sales price being taken from the members in sales so already included or something that the vendor will just pay out of their profits if any? Also how will you determine what total sales were generated per group buy from ATG members?

Wayne

Forum Sod
I am more than willing to pay a small amount as a user fee to keep the place going smoothly. As already said I get so much pleaseure from the place that the cost of a few pints per year would not stop me enjoying this great forum. Just set up a PP address if it helps you out? No one should be out of pocket for running a forum regardless of how little. If people don't want to contribute then that is fine as it should be annonymous anyway.

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
I am more than willing to pay a small amount as a user fee to keep the place going smoothly. As already said I get so much pleaseure from the place that the cost of a few pints per year would not stop me enjoying this great forum. Just set up a PP address if it helps you out? No one should be out of pocket for running a forum regardless of how little. If people don't want to contribute then that is fine as it should be annonymous anyway.
I would chip in.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I think adding a 10% cost to any future group buys isn't a bad idea. I feel this would need to be transparent in the costing given. E.g. cost of product + cost of postage + ATG donation = total

I'm certain that any vendor would then send the appropriate donation through.

I wouldn't mind purchasing a group buy soap that included the donation and was potentially more expensive than a normal soap from the same vendor. We must keep in mind that vendors must also make a suitable profit to keep them viable.

Other ideas would be a raffle or an open donation that members could choose to donate to.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Another potential idea.

Have the option of BST sales having a donation to ATG at the discretion of the seller.

The seller could make the amount of the donation clear so buyers and the forum know the amounts involved.

Nisse

Old geezer
A 800 pixel longest side limit for pics hosted on ATG could also be part of staying on top of cost for storage space.