ATG is growing, Vendor & Member Info & Discussion

D

Deleted member 30

As @Nishy knows, Wickham Soap Co. (myself and @Mr Bigmem) has been committed in working behind the scenes promoting the forum and helping in its success since it was born. 10% may seem a little steep but if it helps to secure the future of the forum then it will be worth it.

Lets face it, the ATG members and MODS that make up this forum IMHO have created a home like no other on the Internet, and that is something worth protecting. Wickhams is in! :)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thanks for the questions and support guys. I don't want to introduce a membership fee or reduce quality of pictures/information etc. Raffles take up too much time and effort to be honest. I do want to keep this a hobby and not a job. Introducing the 10% fee for GB or LE buys is just easier and vendors have free ruling on their product cost of course. As well as the choice to participate. This way just gives us a chance to offer free advice on a friendly forum, our ultimate goal.

Regarding donations etc, please keep your hard earned, I would prefer you spend it on shaving goods :)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
As @Nishy knows, Wickham Soap Co. (myself and @Mr Bigmem) has been committed in working behind the scenes promoting the forum and helping in its success since it was born. 10% may seem a little steep but if it helps to secure the future of the forum then it will be worth it.

Lets face it, the ATG members and MODS that make up this forum IMHO have created a home like no other on the Internet, and that is something worth protecting. Wickhams is in! :)
Thank you as always Darron :)

Nisse

Old geezer
_DSC3297-2.jpg

Test of pic size: uploaded 2380 pixels longest side - resulted in 600 pixels - bringing it down from 3.10 mb to 54 k - so ATG already seem to have a pixel size limit at least for drag and drop :)

Last edited:

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the questions and support guys. I don't want to introduce a membership fee or reduce quality of pictures/information etc. Raffles take up too much time and effort to be honest. I do want to keep this a hobby and not a job. Introducing the 10% fee for GB or LE buys is just easier and vendors have free ruling on their product cost of course. As well as the choice to participate. This way just gives us a chance to offer free advice on a friendly forum, our ultimate goal.

Regarding donations etc, please keep your hard earned, I would prefer you spend it on shaving goods :)
But how will the forum know what to expect 10% of? Are we talking sales from forum members or total sales regardless where they are from?

D

Deleted member 1881

I keep my pics of SOTD in 1.3 mb per pic.

I think it helps.

Quique

Forum GOD!
Thank you for the work that you are taking to make and maintain this great forum.
If the idea of 10% does not work, I think we will all be willing to contribute to this site. Please Nishy when you need to let us know

D

Deleted member 476

Also worth noting for members to disable ad blocker for this specific site, if members want to support it thru ad revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I know some forums have sort of badges for contributors, sort of a transparent and publicly recognised reward/award.
Maybe you could implement such a thing, a bronze, silver, gold donator medals?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 476

I know some forums have sort of badges for contributors, sort of a transparent and publicly recognised reward/award.
Maybe you could implement such a thing, a bronze, silver, gold donator medals?
errrr hell NO. Thankful this is NOT B&B.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
But how will the forum know what to expect 10% of? Are we talking sales from forum members or total sales regardless where they are from?
Mem it will be sales only from ATG members ordering via ATG forum. We will rely on our ordering list and honesty of the vendor(s)