Ariana & Evans New Base "Kaizen"

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Just had a shave with Ouddiction (Kaizen) and got the burning in the moustache area. I don’t know man, I don’t know that A&E is tolerated that well on my skin anymore. Likely the strong fragrance oils used. Great base and slickness, but I think my decision to maybe move on from A&E and use more lightly scented skin safer soaps like Zingari Man might be the right one.

This sort of thing is subjective btw. Some absolutely adore these soaps and this base.
What are the scent notes for Ouddiction? Any red flags amongst them (cinnamon, cloves...)? Have you tried using one of his old soaps again which you didn't react to in the past? As for Zingari Man, I find the Explorer to be pretty strong scented, noticeably stronger scented than her other soaps I've tried. So far no reaction to any of them though. However, I do get a slight tingling sensation when I use her unscented (non-Sego) balm right after a shave. It's not terribly bad, but I don't get that feeling with Stirling or Barrister and Mann balms. So I basically use her balm when my hands are dry or now and then on my face, but not straight after a shave anymore.

In your case though it might be safer to either go unscented or even stick to European brands, since they have to be conform with EU regulations (if they're not cheating at least).
I'm the same Chris, tried 2 kaizen base soaps and got burn/tingle. Much preferred the old base. Don't get any tingle from Zingari or SW.
To be fair though, you tried 2 new scents. Maybe one of the scent notes/fragrance oils are giving you this tingling sensation and not the base itself. The only way to find out would be to use a scent in the old base which you didn't react to in the past and compare that to the same scent in the Kaizen base.

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
To be fair though, you tried 2 new scents. Maybe one of the scent notes/fragrance oils are giving you this tingling sensation and not the base itself. The only way to find out would be to use a scent in the old base which you didn't react to in the past and compare that to the same scent in the Kaizen base.
True, when I finally finish one of the soaps J like in the old base I'll probably give it a go in the new base for the ultimate test. In the meantime I've got plenty of other soaps to work through.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
What are the scent notes for Ouddiction? Any red flags amongst them (cinnamon, cloves...)? Have you tried using one of his old soaps again which you didn't react to in the past? As for Zingari Man, I find the Explorer to be pretty strong scented, noticeably stronger scented than her other soaps I've tried. So far no reaction to any of them though. However, I do get a slight tingling sensation when I use her unscented (non-Sego) balm right after a shave. It's not terribly bad, but I don't get that feeling with Stirling or Barrister and Mann balms. So I basically use her balm when my hands are dry or now and then on my face, but not straight after a shave anymore.

In your case though it might be safer to either go unscented or even stick to European brands, since they have to be conform with EU regulations (if they're not cheating at least).

It’s a honey oud, notes: Bergamot, Honey, Oud, Rose, Tobacco absolute, Saffron, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Patchouli.

The thing is, I’ve found myself getting sensitised to scents of his that were fine beforehand. St Barts for example, used the version before he tweaked the ratios and fine. Used it after the ratio tweaks and get the irritation. I’ve no doubt it’s the fragrance oils used, unless it’s a random other ingredient. In the older base I reacted to Spartacus as well.

Zingari I’ve never had a problem with because Heather works to regulations and is planning on getting on getting her soaps EU certified. Peter makes a great soap but his focus is very much on having these long lasting scents where you walk away being able to smell of what you just shaved with for ages, and I don’t know that that’s particularly conducive to skin safety over time. There’s talk in dermatology of strong scents sensitising the skin over time, hence why a lot of leave on skincare is lightly scented to unscented.

Again, it’s all subjective and it’s not for me to come in and ruin anyone’s fun. I’m finding that for my skin the less strong scents seem to work better for me in terms of reactions and irritation, and the lack of it.

D

Deleted member 1881

Maggards just emailed me that Kaizen is in stock again.

Someone must hacked my account and put my email on the waiting list..

D

Deleted member 1881

Oohh...thats a tough one. Seville or Kaizen for performance. Trumper Spanish leather for scent.
I was almost sure about Seville. Did you try the method I told you? I'm waiting the video!