Apple Pencil

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Word of warning to anyone with an Apple Pencil or thinking about one. I just had n upgrade on a cellular IPad contract. So I went for a IPad Pro, lovely bit of kit. I already had an Apple Pencil but didn’t charge It often enough. It would often fall to 10% or below. So with The new iPad I thought I’d get it out and start to use it with the intention of using it more. knowing it was low I plugged it in, to an old iPad, nothing, charging cabl, still nothing. A google reveals if it gets too low it bins it’s self !!!! Won’t charge at all. There’s a fix regarding warming it up, that doesn’t work. So £100 in the bin on something unfixable. Oh well my bad luck. So if you do have one, keep it charged !

• Angry
Reactions: p.b

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
Please do not go with a Logitech Crayon. Mine died after about three months of minimal use. It definitely never seemed as natural and intuitive as the Apple Pencil -- the newer version that magnetically attaches to my iPad Pro. No problems with my Apple Pencil. Generally, I think anything Apples makes in the realm of iPhones and iPads and their peripherals is rock solid from a quality standpoint. (Less a fan of their computers and laptops.)

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Ordered. New Apple Gen 2 in the end. It’s apparen it’s my fault for not keeping it fully charged. Now I have the ipad Pro it will magnetically attach and wireless charge.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Shocked that it bins itself, especially with apple's premium aura. Saying that wish I could get my early gen iPod to work but it's deemed too primitive.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Shocked that it bins itself, especially with apple's premium aurora. Saying that wish I could get my early gen iPod to work but it's deemed too primitive.
Seems to be documented around even the Apple Forums. Wish I knew what I know now. ! Still the 2nd generation stick by magnet to the IPad Pro so remain in constant charge. Shame bout your iPod I had an early one too, great at the time, but of course with the iPhone it’s all in one place now.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Just looking for a bit of advise, following on from the OP.
I have an old iPad pro (2015). Looking to get a pencil so that I can write up notes & draw mind maps with ease. After a bit of research it appears going through apple, the 1st gen pen is only usable. Slightly worried about the need to be constantly charged. Any advice or other stylus options?

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I have an old iPad pro (2015). Looking to get a pencil so that I can write up notes & draw mind maps with ease. After a bit of research it appears going through apple, the 1st gen pen is only usable. Slightly worried about the need to be constantly charged. Any advice or other stylus options?
For sure the 1st Gen is your only Apple option due to its wireless charging. Don’t also forget that need to ensure you keep the battery topped up. Not sure about any of the others, don’t know of any other users. All I could say is reviews may be of help.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I just bought one that looks exactly like this one (just another rebranding and it's black)

It's not pressure/tilt sensitive but works great for simple notes and line drawings.
And at a fraction of the price of an original Apple pencil.
I'm quite pleased with mine, but then again, I'm not an artist.

Edit: Here's a Youtube review of the one I got:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSlXL3S96L8

It has palm rejection, not sure about the one I linked to on Amazon.

Edit: This one has palm rejection:

Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thank you for the info Andreas. I have just bought the apple pen as I needed to start making notes asap enjoying it so far.