Apollo Light vs Apollo

DSR

Forum GOD!
Anyone know the difference? Is it literally the same sort from the Apollo has both place plates in one except separate?
Yes, I believe Apollo has one (thicker) reversible baseplate, similar to a Rockwell 6S baseplate. You get a mild or aggressive shave depending on which way the baseplate is facing.
Apollo Light has two separate thinner baseplates, with the same gaps (0.5 and 0.85) as the two positions of the thick plate on the Apollo.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Yes, I believe Apollo has one (thicker) reversible baseplate, similar to a Rockwell 6S baseplate. You get a mild or aggressive shave depending on which way the baseplate is facing.
Apollo Light has two separate thinner baseplates, with the same gaps (0.5 and 0.85) as the two positions of the thick plate on the Apollo.
Thanks for the info! Think I’d prefer 2 thinner base plates so that’s really helpful.

I had one of the Apollo Light razors and sold it on. I didn't get on with it at all, the handle is far too long for the slim head and I found the shaving angle really awkward to find.

Zhang Doe

Veteran
They're really nice looking. I especially love the handle. I need to clear a lot of stuff before I can justify any more purchases. Finally had the wife clearly state that I have too many shaving items.

xiangbei710

I got Apollo light razor with both of plates. It is good razor. I like its head design, which is very light and thin. M plate is really smooth, and just for daily shaving. A plate make good balance between effeciency and smoothness. I can get BBS for 17 hours with WTG and ATG. I prefer A plates.