Apollo Light vs Apollo

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Anyone know the difference? Is it literally the same sort from the Apollo has both place plates in one except separate?

DSR

Forum GOD!
Anyone know the difference? Is it literally the same sort from the Apollo has both place plates in one except separate?
Yes, I believe Apollo has one (thicker) reversible baseplate, similar to a Rockwell 6S baseplate. You get a mild or aggressive shave depending on which way the baseplate is facing.
Apollo Light has two separate thinner baseplates, with the same gaps (0.5 and 0.85) as the two positions of the thick plate on the Apollo.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Yes, I believe Apollo has one (thicker) reversible baseplate, similar to a Rockwell 6S baseplate. You get a mild or aggressive shave depending on which way the baseplate is facing.
Apollo Light has two separate thinner baseplates, with the same gaps (0.5 and 0.85) as the two positions of the thick plate on the Apollo.
Thanks for the info! Think I’d prefer 2 thinner base plates so that’s really helpful.

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
I had one of the Apollo Light razors and sold it on. I didn't get on with it at all, the handle is far too long for the slim head and I found the shaving angle really awkward to find.

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
They're really nice looking. I especially love the handle. I need to clear a lot of stuff before I can justify any more purchases. Finally had the wife clearly state that I have too many shaving items.

xiangbei710

Veteran
I got Apollo light razor with both of plates. It is good razor. I like its head design, which is very light and thin. M plate is really smooth, and just for daily shaving. A plate make good balance between effeciency and smoothness. I can get BBS for 17 hours with WTG and ATG. I prefer A plates.

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
I got Apollo light razor with both of plates. It is good razor. I like its head design, which is very light and thin. M plate is really smooth, and just for daily shaving. A plate make good balance between effeciency and smoothness. I can get BBS for 17 hours with WTG and ATG. I prefer A plates.
Can you compare to other razors, in particular when shaving ATG? I'm also interested in blade feel. On the website, it links to a review that says that the aggressive plate is blade forward, yet the mild plate has more blade feel than the aggressive plate.

xiangbei710

Veteran
Can you compare to other razors, in particular when shaving ATG? I'm also interested in blade feel. On the website, it links to a review that says that the aggressive plate is blade forward, yet the mild plate has more blade feel than the aggressive plate.
I compared Apollo A plate to H&S P076 Ti on half face. They have some kind of similar design—light and thin head.

H&S has more blades feel. But the efficiency is similar and H&S is a little more. Apollo A is more smoother than H&S. Compared with H&S, the efficiency of the Apollo razor is slightly reduced and the smoothness is improved. I think it is very comfortable. About the shaving ATG, you can feel a reasonable blade feeling with Apollo A.

As my experience, Apollo M is negative blade exposure. When shaving with M plate, I can not feel blade even ATG. it is really smooth! About efficiency of M plate, I can keep BBS 5-6 hours. It is a daily razor for me.

l prefer A plate. It is absolute value for money. But it is a little difficult to buy.