Anyone upgraded to Sky Q?

S

Shaun

Just wondering if it's worth the investment as the wife's detective series links are clashing regularly and those two extra feeds would probably help a lot.

There's an offer on for free installation (value of £149) but it's the increase of £18 per month subscription that has set alarm bells ringing for the wife as she doesn't think we can justify it for what effectively amounts to two more recording options.

I know it offers a new interface, and hopefully doesn't crash or lock-up as often (requiring a wait-for-it ... wait-for-it ... 10 minute reboot), but is there anything else that might help to tip the balance (since I'm a confirmed geek and fancy the upgrade!)?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I haven't looked into it yet. We do have Multiroom (or what ever it's called). May be worth looking at sometime. While Sky is a little in the expensive side we do use it quite a bit. Dare I also say I do like their F1 coverage.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Just wondering if it's worth the investment as the wife's detective series links are clashing regularly and those two extra feeds would probably help a lot.

There's an offer on for free installation (value of £149) but it's the increase of £18 per month subscription that has set alarm bells ringing for the wife as she doesn't think we can justify it for what effectively amounts to two more recording options.

I know it offers a new interface, and hopefully doesn't crash or lock-up as often (requiring a wait-for-it ... wait-for-it ... 10 minute reboot), but is there anything else that might help to tip the balance (since I'm a confirmed geek and fancy the upgrade!)?

Cheers,
Shaun :D
Just been having a look.

Am I right in believing that the Q is their new way Multiroom is going ? Now if it were free installation, a new box for main room and a box for the plus one room and it's £18, and if it means I can drop Multiroom off my current package at £12 a month making it plus £6 more a month for Q I'd be interested for sure.