anyone throw their blades away after just one use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

hey peeps, so i made a thread about how many uses they get from blades and i noticed a lot of comments were about how cheap the blades cost

so im wondering does anyone throw their blades away after just one use?

D

Deleted member 2936

Is there a topic on this forum that hasn't been asked many, many times before? There are only so many questions you can ask before deja vue strikes again.
yea thats true as well with almost all forums, its like the circle of life, eat your heart out lion king lol 😂

Sig Solo

#WAD
I'm sure that it is correct that some blades are better after 2nd or 3rd shave. But it is strange to me that the producer makes blades that way. Why not make a blade that is at it's best on the 1st and 2nd shave. It seems to have people skipping the blade if it feels rough, tough, tugging aso aso; I know I give a blade two tries in a razors and then decide if it is good or not in that very razor. If not I move on and just use a blade that works for my set-up.
Anyhow, I toss the blade after the 2nd use...

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Varies for everyone as you've said. Personally I'm 3 uses then done. Now I've found the blade that I really like using I've stuck to that. However when testing blades I'll usually be one and done.

D

Deleted member 2936

I'm sure that it is correct that some blades are better after 2nd or 3rd shave. But it is strange to me that the producer makes blades that way. Why not make a blade that is at it's best on the 1st and 2nd shave. It seems to have people skipping the blade if it feels rough, tough, tugging aso aso; I know I give a blade two tries in a razors and then decide if it is good or not in that very razor. If not I move on and just use a blade that works for my set-up.
Anyhow, I toss the blade after the 2nd use...
yea what do you think the reason for that is?

dont remember where i heard it or read it but someone mentioned that you should strop the blade on your forearm or a towel or denim jeans first before using,
how true this is i dont know, so dont take it as fact

D

Deleted member 2936

Varies for everyone as you've said. Personally I'm 3 uses then done. Now I've found the blade that I really like using I've stuck to that. However when testing blades I'll usually be one and done.
which blade you sticking to now?

D

Deleted member 2936

I've got several razors that I use in all the time. I try to do 3 and done, but I lose count with 8 razors, so I use them until I think, 'I gotta get a new blade.'
cool whats your go to blade? top 3 please?