anyone had cupping (hijamah) done?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
In Asia, a lot of people believe in dry cupping when you start to feel like you're getting sick. People can deride it as pseudo-science, but enough people think it works that there may really be something there. It's like Traditional Chinese Medicine; it works but is not as consistent or well understood, so it seems very hokey. The reality is that it works, but we don't fully understand why.

I did dry cupping once just for the experience / hell of it, but it was years ago and I don't even think I was sick at the time. It was hot and uncomfortable. Not terribly so, but I still have no interest in replicating the experience, especially since matches are involved!

I do guasha every once in a while when starting to feel flu-ish or a cold coming on, and I do think it works ... somehow, but you have to catch it early.

D

Deleted member 2936

In Asia, a lot of people believe in dry cupping when you start to feel like you're getting sick. People can deride it as pseudo-science, but enough people think it works that there may really be something there. It's like Traditional Chinese Medicine; it works but is not as consistent or well understood, so it seems very hokey. The reality is that it works, but we don't fully understand why.

I did dry cupping once just for the experience / hell of it, but it was years ago and I don't even think I was sick at the time. It was hot and uncomfortable. Not terribly so, but I still have no interest in replicating the experience, especially since matches are involved!

I do guasha every once in a while when starting to feel flu-ish or a cold coming on, and I do think it works ... somehow, but you have to catch it early.
Never tried dry cupping

What is guasha? Never heard of it tbh

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
It’s not for me.
I feel there are better things I can do with my time and money.
Some may ask.. “don’t you want to feel better than you do now?” And to this I say “yes”. Although, I don’t see a direct correlation from cupping to “feeling better” and I’m unwilling to use my resources to prove me wrong. And it appears to be like going to a chiropractor. A chiropractor never seems to cure or heal anything. They just make you feel better for a time. You never see a doctor’s office with a monthly membership and if you did that would be a horrible doctor.

Forged

Über Member
More of the usual health and fitness fad BS. After 40+ years in the industry I’ve seen it all before, including cupping.

Makes you feel good you say? That’s the endorphin hit you get from something that causes you pain or otherwise unusually stresses your nervous system. No magic there. Honestly, I could hit you with a stick and get the same result. Speaking from actual experience, not theory.

D

Deleted member 2936

just booked a session to get it done again as my migraines
and general pains are very bad at the moment tbh, cant wait very excited tbh

D

Deleted member 2936

forgot to post this but anyone else noticed the cupping marks on the boxer amirs khan body when he fought vs kell brook last saturday night?