anyone got a water filter? noob needs help pls :)

saj1985

Guru
I used to have a RO system and my kettle was never more sparkly! I also noticed that RO water doesn't quench the thirst like tap water, which was good as I then drank more of it. RO is an extreme solution but if you want 'filtered' water then there's nothing to beat it.

@saj1985 the fact you're having such a reaction to sugar withdrawal should tell you something. Just start drinking water as a first step and limit yourself to one can of Coke at the weekend, the mood swings should be temporary - if they are not then see a doctor and maybe adjust your anti-depressant meds. If you don't like the taste of water RO makes it virtually tasteless at the expense of the system, cost of the filters every 6 months and a right PITA to change them. Alternatively get some cider apple vinegar with mother (Aspalls in Sainsbury's or Tesco for ~£2.60) and add a teaspoon in a pint of water and it makes the water much more interesting and theoretically healthy - this is what I do as I find water boring to drink.
tbh a few years ago i quit fizzy drinks and started intermittent fasting along side with black tea, as i always end up have 2 plus sugars in my coffee and tea and i lost a lot of weight quickly too

but my thing is, i have a bit of an addictive personality where i crave things quite easily tbh,
so one or two cans of pepsi and gave was well and truly over tbh

yea could be a good idea about the meds as another anti depressant i was on was making me hungry non stop even when i'd just eaten a full meal, i put on a fair bit of weight because of that

yea i normally get apple cidar vinegar with the mother, i got it from holland and barratt where i got ripped off then later found out its also available in aldi for a couple of quid

ill tell you what mate, that apple cidar stuff is deadly lol, seriously though i mean its really strong in taste and smell too,
i initially came across apple cidar vinegar through youtubers praising it for skin health etc

saj1985

Guru
Adding to p.b's comments, I have almost given up white sugar, except when it's used in, for example fish sauce. I will do a small cheat maybe once a week or sometimes every second week, but I'm generally okay because I've eliminated white sugar but not sweetness.

For me, instead of slowly reducing my sugar intake, I just switched to alternatives such that my sweet tooth was satisfied while getting off of white sugar as quickly as possible. I now take a tiny bit of honey with my coffee instead. And I eat lots of fruits. For me, it took about a week until the cravings started to go away. I can now pass a Starbucks or the ice cream section in the grocery store without any issues. Yeah, the unhealthy stuff can be more satisfying, but I'm perfectly happy with the trade-offs, especially if I feel a lot better afterward.
i just had green tea with raw honey in it, tasted nice

tbh ive been searching for a half decent green tea as some ive had i just dont like the taste,
so i grabbed amazons own brand version of green tea and suprisingly its really nice

Reactions: p.b

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
If you like apple cider vinegar, you may like flavored cambuja, which is supposed to be good for digestion. You let it ferment enough, it's sweet alcohol. :)

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
those berkey ones look expensive, how much are the filters on them? and how long do they last mate?
I believe the guidance is to replace the filters every six months but don’t quote me on that. We are not so disciplined and probably are due for a change-up.

Cost is not cheap, but we were heavy on bottled mineral water, so comparatively it was much cheaper to make the switch. I do see them on Amazon UK, so that will give you better sense of local pricing. I think there are third party filters if you want to go that route.