Any shaving gear on your radar for 2021

GSVwetshave

Forum GOD!
Wolfman Razors purchase notification should come in early March. I'm choosing now between WR1 sb 0.74 (0.80) and WR2 sb 1.25.
I also want to try Zenith Manchurian brush. Looking at models 504 and 508...
While such a plan :)

Shaun2

Forum GOD!
Hoffritz slant on its way to me from the US, and also a carton of Wlkinson Sword London Bridge from Poland. What a mess Polish post seems. No tracking after leaving Warsaw, and that was 7 Dec

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
A Signature soap, more blades, maybe a splash and, possibly, a brush.

Of course, all this is subject to change. :)

steve

Will-J

Forum GOD!
Not for me if I can help myself, 2020 has mostly been a year of using up what I have got in terms of software which has been working quite well - I am now down to about 8 or so various soaps / creams and a much shorter list of things that I will rebuy in the future.

Hardware wise only thing that peeks my interest is either the SS Hawk v3, so if one pops up on the BST at a really good price I may go for it.

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
For me 2021 is going to be a year with not so many purchases.
On soaps I'll try to stay calm and not buy so much. I love trying new soaps, so I know I can't keep my fingers away from everything, but I'll try to restrict myself.
I'm planning to buy a few brushes, starting with another Shavemac and I probably end up buying a razor or two.
I have a Blackbird Ti coming today or tomorrow so that'll keep me occupied for a while :laugh:

J-B-M

Forum GOD!
Now I have tried a few synthetics I think the search for the perfect brush will be the acquisition disorder for 2021. But I have spent stupid amounts on shave gear over the past few months so I am going to content myself with what I have until the summer.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
My main goal is to buy a bicycle as early as possible next year (which is proving near impossible) but there are a few things on my radar Shaving wise.

A Simpsons Chubby 3 in the new Sovereign synthetic fibre.

I would like to try a Signature soap as they seem to be getting universal praise. None of the scents are really calling to me plus the packaging isn't "doing it" for me either. Yes I'm that shallow! :p:

I'll probably buy a Stainless Steel Razorock Lupo too.

EDIT: Oh I nearly forgot. I'm still on the Wolfman waiting list...

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
My main goal is to buy a bicycle as early as possible next year (which is proving near impossible) but there are a few things on my radar Shaving wise.

I would like to try a Signature soap as they seem to be getting universal praise. None of the scents are really calling to me plus the packaging isn't "doing it" for me either. Yes I'm that shallow! :p:

Packing sells for me. most recently it was the Union Soap label, love it.

I was having a chat with my lad the other day and he was agreeing with me that even outer packing does it. Apple have been paying attention to this for a while now. I feel pulling tabs, unfolding etc etc just adds to it.

DSR

Forum GOD!

Speaking of the Wolfman waiting list...
Have you decided which gap to go for when your turn comes up?

Last edited:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Packing sells for me. most recently it was the Union Soap label, love it.

I was having a chat with my lad the other day and he was agreeing with me that even outer packing does it. Apple have been paying attention to this for a while now. I feel pulling tabs, unfolding etc etc just adds to it.
Totally agree. The last few soaps I've bought have all been based on the labels.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Talking of the Wolfman waiting list...
Have you decided which gap to go for when your turn comes up?
No I haven't. I actually haven't decided on whether to buy one full stop. Laffin! :p:

I've tried the WR2 with 1.15 blade gap (on loan from a good friend). I didn't get a consistent shave from it TBH. Some shaves were outstanding where others were frustrating.
If I did go for one I'd probably go for the 1.25 gap. There's a few threads on here asking about the Wolfman blade gap and number of people have gone with the 1.25.

Reactions: DSR