Any Audi A8 Drivers Among Us?

Nico1970

Forum GOD!
If there are, I'd love to hear your thoughts - the good, bad and the ugly?

Even if you don't own one - 'cos I knows there are a few petrolheads in the community (@Dipesh) - please feel free to advise / comment accordingly.

I'm currently tyre-kicking an A8 3.0TDI Sport Exec...

(PS - I come from a background of B7 RS4 and C6 RS6! Maybe I'm getting old and sensible, I don't know?)

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I always thought an Audi RS3 (or RS4) delayed senescence and mental aging.

Any chance you are not "getting old and sensible", you are getting old and senile (LOL). I have heard favorable reviews on the A8.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi Nico! Sadly too new for use to buy and sell so I don't know in detail.

A friend of mine as a S320 cdi which is a competitor and is stunning. He went for ruby black and the colour is jaw dropping.

So far no complaints from him, I know you're an Audi man but I think I personally prefer the s class to these.

Len

Forum GOD!
I've got an A6. Best car I've ever had. Smooth, pure comfort, rock solid, unexpected power, and very precise control. The A8 is more of the same, and if I could pick a new car today, it would be the A8. :wink:

Can't really give any negatives, as I've had no problems with it, but if I did, repairs are not cheap.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Even though I live in Canada where the roads are wide open and the distances are long, I find the 8 too big for my liking. My preference would be a 4 and possibly a 6, as I like my cars to be intimate.

Hardwood Shavings

Vendor
Nico, I don't know much about the A8 but I can tell you from experience that the S8 isn't great for the price it's very comfortable and has excellent technology but the performance for being an S car isn't impressive.

Everett

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I have a 2012 A6 3.0T. I totally love this car. It's loaded with all sorts of stuff like heated seats front and back, heated steering wheel, automatic folding sideview mirrors, But what I love most about it is the 310 horses, the smooth yet firm and controlled ride and the view from the cockpit is second to none. I had looked at the BMW 535 with Xdrive as well and while their road feel was fairly similar based on one test drive of each, I felt more at home in the Audi. Not to mention that I have been drooling over Audis ever since I was a teen looking at car mags. This is the first Audi I have owned and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger. I found one used with only 18,500 miles on it. I now have over 88,000 on it. I'm hoping to keep it for a very long time.