Another Synth brush thread (Omega EVO)

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
You are going to struggle then Rob to be honest. The best thing you can do when changing from Badger to Synth is to not to try and compere Apples to Oranges. You'll never get the same feel of the SV from a Synth just like you wouldn't if you changed to a Boar.
they all have their own qualities, pro's and con's.
Bulbs are not a shape I've really come across in Synths, the knot closest to the SV are the AP Shave Co 2Bed and the Silksmoke but if you want backbone you'll have to set them low into the handle you choose. I suggest setting them with a well worked blob of Bluetack to test the feel, enough to test it on the face, you can then silicone it in.
Hope this helps?
Totally agree Wayne. In an ideal world finding a synthetic knot which feels and acts the same as a badger knot would be amazing but I've come to the realisation that will never happen so I stopped looking.

I hadn't used a synth brush in ages (never have the urge to reach for the two I own).
However when I finally used the Simpsons T3 again the lather it created, along with the ease and speed it got me thinking about another synth brush. Hence this thread.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Totally agree Wayne. In an ideal world finding a synthetic knot which feels and acts the same as a badger knot would be amazing but I've come to the realisation that will never happen so I stopped looking.

I hadn't used a synth brush in ages (never have the urge to reach for the two I own).
However when I finally used the Simpsons T3 again the lather it created, along with the ease and speed it got me thinking about another synth brush. Hence this thread.
Try the AP Shave Co's I've mentioned especially in a nice handle. I'm sure you'll be pleasently surprised

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Evo 2.0 in the middle. This is certainly an improvement from the first generation of Evos which I have. The gray one is ok for face lathering..the white one is a bit scritchy.

But Evo 2.0 is on another level. Trust me. You can face lather finally with Evo 2.0.
6981CCED-292D-4ED1-B7D4-7A803C253979.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Evo 2.0 in the middle. This is certainly an improvement from the first generation of Evos which I have. The gray one is ok for face lathering..the white one is a bit scritchy.

But Evo 2.0 is on another level. Trust me. You can face lather finally with Evo 2.0.
View attachment 117763
I have a grey Evo 2.0 that looks like the brush above, I love it.
Thanks Gents. Appreciate the feedback. 👍